X

Bell Helmets making a come back.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bell Helmets making a come back.

Bell was a great brand up until the late 70's. I had always wounderd what happened to them. This week, at the Toronto Bike Show, they had a display. I was amazed at the design and quality. Equal to the top helmets in the market today. February 2005 they will be introducing a new line up of helmets with a great price point. I think around $200 Canadian.
    Always take the long way home.

I can't speak about their motorcycle helmets, but Bell has always made good autoracing helmets. Most of the auto racers that I know own a Bell or a Simpson.

Comment

I remember having a few bell lids back in the day, riding dirtbikes and atv's. I still had my original street bike helmet from when I first started to ride, up until recently during a move, and it got lost..

Comment

cool...I always wondered why they started slipping, too. When I was younger and rode dirtbikes, Bell helmets were the shizzy.
        You got it.
        Get on it.

www.georgiasportbike.com

Comment

Originally posted by Reece
          cool...I always wondered why they started slipping, too. When I was younger and rode dirtbikes, Bell helmets were the shizzy.
          {|= back in the day i had a bell too i think it was a star.i got a Bell II now and it's just dot aproved.

Comment

They only slipped in the motorcycle portion of sales. They are huge in the drag racing field. Most drag racers like the Bell or Simpson helmets.
            TDA Racing/Motorsports
            1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
            Who knows what is next?
            Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
            Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Working...
            X