Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

DOT AND SNELL M2000 HELMETS. What you may like to know...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DOT AND SNELL M2000 HELMETS. What you may like to know...

Please recheck the URL for the proper spelling. Or use our search box at the top of this page to find what you're looking for.

Great article on helmet manufacturing and hardness testing. AND why I bought a helmet that was DOT and SNELL M2000 certified by ICON
    Are paradigms another way of viewing 20 pennies or 4 nickles . . . think out of the roll

Yeah this is the one that caused a lot of controversy a few months back. Good read but the rebutal from Snell was also interesting if you can find it...Look a the Snell site...
    Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
    Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

Absolutely, that article created more of a stir in the helmet industry than any other I have ever seen. And the follow up articles have been excellent too.

Comment

I have a little to add:

The Z1R-ZRP1 (the test winner) may be hard or impossible to find. The company still makes it in different graphics under a host of other names (blaster, etc).

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Yeah , I looked for the Z1R stuff a while back after seeing their ad in Motorcyclist , but their site didn't really exist (even though it was printed in the ad) .
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Geez man that article ain't no joke that thing is forever long....
            "Our Father's Were The Model Of God If Our Father's Failed What Does That Tell Us About God".....Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by md86
              Yeah , I looked for the Z1R stuff a while back after seeing their ad in Motorcyclist , but their site didn't really exist (even though it was printed in the ad) .
              http://www.z1rhelmets.com/

According to Tom Kingsland, Z1R Brand Manager (in regards to the fact that the offerings at Pep Boys looks the same):

"Z1R helmets are a brand owned by LeMans Corporation, owner of Parts Unlimited and Drag Specialties. Z1R Helmets my not be in every dealership but are available through Parts Unlimited dealers and stock has been good. The Z1R Helmets are developed by Z1R and manufactured by Hong Jin (Beijing) Sports Goods Co. and J-tech in Korea and China. Lots of helmets appear to be the same but things are not always the way they look on the outside. The Strike is not the same helmet as the Pep Boys Model. The head form is based on the North American head form; which is oval in shape, versus a round shape. Hope this help clarify some things. Feel free to contact me with any other questions (at) 608-758-1111"

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
              X