X

EXL saddlebags

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EXL saddlebags

Well I just ordered softbags! I've HAD it with stuffing my little tankbag and running outta space. I use a small joe rocket manta tankbag and for what it is, it's awesome but it's just too small for my needs. I'm not sure why I've dragged my feet with it this long, I had eclipse soft luggage on my Nighthawk and they worked great. So here's what I ended up with. I ordered EXL saddlebags off ebay. I think they were like $60 or so bucks shipped.
    Here's a quick pic of them. I'll post more once I've got them mounted.
    Attached Files
    sigpic2006 GSX600F

Looks like a pretty big bag from the pic. Does that just sit on one side of the bike, or does it kind of hang off both sides?
    Extra life.

Comment

Def interested in seeing these on the bike and reading your review. Would like to order a set myself.
      "Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."

Comment

Originally posted by rockat View Post
        Looks like a pretty big bag from the pic. Does that just sit on one side of the bike, or does it kind of hang off both sides?
        It's a set of two, they'll hang off both sides of the tail section but by the measurements shouldn't come too close to the exhaust or anything once they're adjusted properly. I'm thinking that these should hold anything I'll need em to for around town and back n forth to work. They should be here by the end of the week/first of next week so I'll post more then.
        sigpic2006 GSX600F

Comment

Cool. Anxious for the pics....
          Extra life.

Comment

Well I was surprised they were at my door when I got home from work yesterday so awesome delivery! Mounting is pretty simple and straight forward, because they're universal it takes just a bit of adjusting to get them on and sitting right. As you can see in the pictures, they clear my exhaust and rear turn signals with no problems. There's plenty of room in them for anything I'd ever need to carry around town or to work so I can pretty much retire my little tank bag!
            Attached Files
            sigpic2006 GSX600F

Comment

Cool. Looks to be about the size I would need to carry around my stuff as well. Is that Hindle exhaust shorter than the stock muffler? I just kind of wonder whether the stock (being all monstrous and all) would be too big for the bag.
              Extra life.

Comment

The Hindle does look just a bit shorter but sits about the same height as the stock can. I don't it would be an issue, the bags are up and clear of the rear turn signals.
                sigpic2006 GSX600F

Comment

Ebay has 'em for around $70 shipped for me. I'm kind of a cheap azz, so I'll keep my eyes open for an EXL a lil cheaper. Good luck with the bags.
                  Extra life.

Comment

Working...
                  X