X

suomy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suomy

any body have any imput on this helmet in the pics in this thread? was thining about picking up this gear tonight...

pretty sure its the vandal model..

I'm all for saving a buck, but I wouldn't think about a used helmet... I know what mine have gone through.
    Pics
    Pics
    No pics yet
    Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

he said hes worn it 5 times and if it looks like anymore I wont be buying it..

Comment

How many times has he dropped it? How many times has he left it out in the sun? How much damage is hidden? Nearly every helmet manufacturer will tell you of the potential damage to a helmet without any exterior visible signs of damage. Hell, what's the manufacture date? (I know Arai engraves it on the d-rings for the strap, and on my Shoei, it was on a sticker under the liner.)

It's your money, do with it as you will, I'm just telling that I wouldn't.
        Pics
        Pics
        No pics yet
        Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

I am always a fan of getting the most bang for your buck. From what I have heard and witnessed, you definitely don't want to go cheap on your brain bucket. I could understand buying used boots, gloves, jacket, etc. But when it comes to protecting the most important part of your body, I wouldn't skimp one bit. Plus, you never know when it comes to helmets. As "thetable" mentioned above, there could be hidden damages. But not only that, put in effect that he has sweat on there, he could possibly have lice, and many other possibilities out there. So as far as your brain bucket goes, I'd say stick to what you have now until you are able to afford a BRAND NEW helmet. Plus check online, lots of closeout deals going on. Even more when winter comes around. Stores will want to get rid of old merchandise and make room for the new gear! Best of luck!
          - = Dane = -

"Everybody knows it ain't tricking if you got it"

Comment

Suomy makes a nice helmet, if it fits your head...

A helmet is the last thing you want to buy used though. Go to a bike shop, try on helmets and find your size for that particular brand, then order online. Different brands are different shapes.
            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
            Originally posted by soulless kaos
            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Well I'd be going from a bolt modular to this, plus my bolt is a little big..

Comment

Originally posted by Black_99_GSXF View Post
                Well I'd be going from a bolt modular to this, plus my bolt is a little big..
                I will reiterate, every helmet is a different shape. You can buy a $500 Shoei or Arai but if it's the wrong shape for your head its pretty worthless...
                90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                Originally posted by soulless kaos
                but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

And don't go to a local shop to waste their time and inventory unless you plan on buying it from them! Plenty of online places will offer exchanges, and many local shops can work on the prices. Support your local shop so that they will be there when you NEED them, and so that the money can go back into your community. Disregard if all the local shops suck.
                  Pics
                  Pics
                  No pics yet

Comment

I have a venture and my buddie has a vandel they dont make visors for both of them anymore he said he will toss it in the trash ,i bought two visors last year when i herd about them going dry
                    Last edited by H-2 CHARLIE; 07-17-2012, 01:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X