X

Helmet Done, Gloves Next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helmet Done, Gloves Next

Ok guys, well i bought my helmet(choei tz-r) today, next items ill need to get will be gloves and boots. Im planning on getting this next, just because ill need these for the safety course, my jacket is heavy enough. I actually do need boots, for some reason even in Canadian winters ive never had boots.
    Ive gone through plenty of threads and it seems like Technic are good if you like the flashy type and are solid overall. What items should a good glove include and when i go to the store what brands to look at. Im not really into flash, just not my style, but if there good and that well so be it. Im trying to stay in my budget so im guessing i have about 600cdn left for everything sans the helmet. My mom is offering to buy the underarmour just to give herself any peace of mind she can get, even though id have bought it anyways.
    "I'm not accustomed to riding with strangers"

"We're not gonna be strangers"

go to the show...lots of boots around $150...GREAT investment (too many people don't buy boots)

Gloves are very expensive...look for dealer close outs on gloves...you can usually find half decent gloves for around $40

As for a Jacket....plan on spending around $300 for a good balistic one....I would NEVER ride without a proper motorcycle jacket.

hook up with the members going to the show...they really be able to offer you some valuable tips and help guide you.

Jackal and Woobie are notoriously cheap...they can sniff out the best deals and save you some $$$$$$$$$

Comment

shoei tx-r, i know people will know what it means, but before all the jokes start ill say i saw it

Comment

Originally posted by Range
        Jackal and Woobie are notoriously cheap...they can sniff out the best deals and save you some $$$$$$$$$
        Yup.

Just don't go out to dinner with them, they'll expect you to pay the bill.

Comment

Also i plan to get the jacket also, just for time being taking the safety course should be ok with just my heavy leather jacket, before i went on the real roads id pick up the real stuff.

Comment

If your free this weekend definately go to the motorcycle show.

I picked up a pair of Rhyno gloves that the dealer here wanted $120 for on close out for $20. Jackal and Katgirl both got great deals on thier Shark lids there if I remember.

Range has a nice pair of gloves at the rally, what were they Arimid, Aramid? something like that.

If your looking at boots' check out Simon at Topendz, he's on gta as topendz. He has a shop out of his house and sells some very nice stuff at good prices. He even had some boots at the December show for a decent price.

Newenough also has 2 pairs of budget boots they just started to carry this last year that start around $120US.
            Kyle

Comment

Ya id love to go to the show, i always want to every year i see it coming, its all luck of the draw, do not know if i have to work sunday yet, as it is the only day i could make it to the show, ill have to wait and see.

Comment

Yeah...those Aramid gloves were $90...best gloves I have ever used!
                (thanks for noticing Woobie)

Comment

I crash-tested my Firstgear Carbon Race gloves last summer , and they held up great . Still wearing them . Bought them on closeout from Newenough for like $50 . Don't see them anywhere anymore , though . Point is , they're good thick leather with plastic armor in them , and I got them for cheap , so keep looking . Deals are out there .
                  I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
                  X