Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Got Alpinestars Spinner Jacket for Christmas!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got Alpinestars Spinner Jacket for Christmas!!!

My wife got it for me. It's really nice and has a snug fit. Now I just gotta break it in so there's no harsh pinching in the arms. I'll try and post up pics of it tonight. Also, as the year progresses into summer, I'll keep yall updated on how well it cools once the temp starts rising. The only noticeable flaw with the jacket is the lack of zipper for pants attachment, although I'm guessing that if I got a pair of leather pants that they'd come with the mating half of the zipper and I could have seamstress put it on the jacket for me.

bama
    What the deuce!?!

Ok, here's pics of me on my bike with the jacket on. I'll have to get my wife to take more close-up pics of me and the jacket if any are interested. Also, the Vance & Hines exhaust that is on there seems to be mounted very poorly and makes me question whether or not its actually made for a '95 Kat 750. If yall get the same feeling just by looking at it in the pics, let me know. Thanks, bama
    Attached Files
    What the deuce!?!

Comment

What makes you think it's mounted poorly ? Can't really tell from that pic .
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86
        I'll have to take some more up close pics to show you what I mean. The exhaust doesn't flow straight back in line with the bike, it angles out.
        What the deuce!?!

Comment

Originally posted by bamarama
          Originally posted by md86
          I'll have to take some more up close pics to show you what I mean. The exhaust doesn't flow straight back in line with the bike, it angles out.
          Yah, your leg's in the way.

That "turning out " deal is often able to be corrected by adjusting the rotation of the mid pipe.
          Giver' a go.
          "Speed Junkie Since 1975"

Comment

Yeah it appears to just a tad point back instead of up and back.. try twisting it like bob mentioned.

Nice jacket and nice kat too !!!

Comment

Nice jacket and Kat. Let's us know How the jacket works out. i was looking at one myself.
              Kat78

Comment

I have a A* Spinner jacket. It's been a good jacket, but I do find it a bit warm in the heat of the summer. But of course, once ya get moving on the highway, it's not so bad

I've worn it in the pouring rain and stayed mostly dry too. All in all a good jacket.

Comment

Yea, I have the same jacket as well. I've only had it for one season, but I like it.

Comment

Nice paint job!!

Hey squid! where are your gloves???

Nothing like new gear!
                    However my experiance is that the
                    jacket comes with the zip..
                    Contact A*.. maybe they will send you one..

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
                      Nice paint job!!

Hey squid! where are your gloves???

Nothing like new gear!
                      However my experiance is that the
                      jacket comes with the zip..
                      Contact A*.. maybe they will send you one..
                      Yeah, I've been wearing a pair of mechanic's gloves the past month. However, this past week I placed an order at New Enough for some Astars SPS gloves, Oxtar TCS Sport boots, and an purty new dark smoke visor. Unfortunately, my funds don't permit the buying of pants to go with the Astars jacket, so the zipper would be useless at the moment anyway. As far as the paint job guys (assuming you were referring to my bike), it was all previous owners. I myself like the black look, but am not a fan of chrome. I really want to take all the chrome pieces and powdercoat to either a flat white or a flat dark blue color. My wife would bitch slap me if I even mentioned that at the moment though.
                      What the deuce!?!

Comment

Working...
                      X