X

Quiet Rider...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quiet Rider...

Anybody use one of these, or a similar product? how do you like it. I know I hate riding in the cold with my neck exposed to the wind, from my collar up to my helmet. wind racing thru there is quite a bit nippy to say the least.

NOJ Quiet Rider

I have one. I absolutely LOVE it for the Winter. It doesn't really keep the wind noise down, but it keeps the wind off your neck and face and holds in heat very well. I highly recommend them for cold weather riding...
    -Steve

Comment

Huh , I do okay with a scarf . Those look nice too , though !
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Should be mandatory in Canada then!!
        Info for the Ottawa Motorcycle Course

sigpic

Comment

They work pretty well. My only complaint comes from there not being
          enough airflow through the little front vent or some other way to open
          it up on the bottom for when the temperatures rise. It's fine when I
          start out in the morning at 38 degrees but when the afternoon temps
          got to the 50-60's it was very hot in the helmet. If it's cold all day long
          it works fine.

Comment

Originally posted by stevnmd
            I have one. I absolutely LOVE it for the Winter. It doesn't really keep the wind noise down, but it keeps the wind off your neck and face and holds in heat very well. I highly recommend them for cold weather riding...
            I'd forgotten about my desire for one of these when I got my last helmet (flip up). I'm disappointed to hear it doesn't cut down on the wind noise.
            Suzuki Katana: The best underated motersicle in da woild

Comment

Originally posted by jhugh
              it works fine.
              Is it not easy to remove before heading home if the temp goes up throughout the day?

Comment

Well yes and no. The QuietRider has a 'lip' in it's fabric that installs between the helmet shell and the liner. On my HJC the front chin liner area is made of a semi-rigid plastic and makes trying to slide the QR between there a pain. Each time I have to pry the liner to fit the QR on. So, yes it can be removed when the weather warms up but then it's a PITA to put back on each time.

As for being quiet I have to disagree with stevnmd - it made a noticeable difference in my case. I am sure the helmet makes a big difference in both installation ease and how much noise it eliminates. My HJC is noisy to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by jhugh
                  it works fine.
                  hhmm, yeah that would be kind of a pain.....but im so used to riding in cold weather I probably wouldnt even use it unless the temps were guaranteed to not go above say, 45 or so. other than that, its not really that bad..

Comment

I suppose that won't work for flip-up's, hun?
                    sigpic

Comment

I would guess no.

Comment

I have a H.A.D.

it works good for So Cal winter morning
                        A Kat is gone and a Strom is coming!

Comment

im so tired of wearing a scarf in the cold weather, i gotta get me one of these.

Comment

Alot of people use them around herefor rideing snowmobilesand they say theire great. I personaly have never used one but have been thinking about getting one.
                            PM me for Ultrasonic Carb Cleaning, pilot screw o-rings and washers and mercury refills

Harley Davidson
                            The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the biproduct of horsepower

Comment

Working...
                            X