X

Your opinion of the Icon ARC Mesh Jacket

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your opinion of the Icon ARC Mesh Jacket

Looking for opinions of this jacket from people that have worn it.

I am about to buy the Icon ARC Mesh Jacket on closeout at motorcyclegear.com, and my main concern is with comfort when in a normal riding position, and how cool it is since I live in and deal with Texas Heat.

Thanks
    Fact of life...After Monday & Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F !!

I wouldnt waste my money on any mesh jacket, just wear a t shirt, they protect just as well
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Really? That jacket has a lot of leather, and even elbow to wrist armor, so don't see how that can compare to a t-shirt. It gets to 120 here in the Summer, I'm looking for more protection that a t-shirt that I will not die of heat exhaustion in. I've got plenty of leather gear, need something for Summer.

Comment

Originally posted by smorris65 View Post
        Really? That jacket has a lot of leather, and even elbow to wrist armor, so don't see how that can compare to a t-shirt. It gets to 120 here in the Summer, I'm looking for more protection that a t-shirt that I will not die of heat exhaustion in. I've got plenty of leather gear, need something for Summer.
        Have you looked at textile? I rode my JR textile for 2 seasons in 100+ to work in stop and go traffic every morning and was never uncomfortable. Got it from newenough for $40 too

Again, just my personal opinion, but you couldnt pay me to go out and ride in a mesh jacket no matter how hot it is.

SWORD - Sweat Washes Off Rash Doesnt

I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

a mesh jacket is better than a t-shirt, not as good as leather or textile but will still save you ''some'' hide. go with textile.
          Last edited by Devinjordan; 03-03-2012, 08:44 PM.
          sigpic
          "Horsepower has a tendency to break things, if your not breaking anything your not going fast enough"
          "The shortest way between two points is a straight line...Whats the fun in that?"

Comment

I love my mesh jacket during summer! wouldn't ride the summer without it.
            Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
            Tony
            94 Katana 600

Comment

Ask MD86 what happens when you go down in a mesh jacket...

It looks sturdier than most mesh jackets I'll give you that...but still, is the sacrifice in protection worth the comfort?

Comment

Really looking for feedback specifically for the Icon ARC Mesh Jacket.

I've got Leather & Textile pants & jacket, and looking for a mesh with leather protection for the heat. I know everyone has a different opinion of Mesh, but that's not what I'm asking about. Thanks anyway.

http://www.motorcyclegear.com/street...le_jacket.html

Comment

I actually wrecked wearing my summer jacket.... maybe even twice! I once washed the rear out @ <15 on sand then slid down the dirt next to road. jacket was fine (dirty), I was fine, bike was fine. (a little dirty). I know this happened in my mesh jacket.

Second time I locked up the front wheel while on a gravel shoulder @<15. (don't try that at home). Bike got scratched, I got scratched jacket was fine. idk if this was the mesh jacket of not tbh.

OH!! and a third time I was playing the "how low can you in turn circle" game while my buddy was getting ready for our yosemite ride and I Found out how low NOT to go in a circle. skinned my knee... but I don't think the jacket touched the ground.

So there you have it...
                  If you wreck in dirt have no worries.
                  If your jacket doesn't touch the ground you'll be fine...
                  If you hit a tree try not to die.
                  If you get hit by a car good luck not dying on impact.
                  As far as keeping my skin on my bones. I think that if i ever have a 90mph wreck with my mesh jacket on I will still end up in the hospital for broken legs, ribs, collar bone and wrists, but I'm fairly sure my back ,arms and chest will still have skin on them...

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                  Ask MD86 what happens when you go down in a mesh jacket...

It looks sturdier than most mesh jackets I'll give you that...but still, is the sacrifice in protection worth the comfort?
                  wait what happened to MD?
                  Last edited by il_ragazzo; 03-03-2012, 09:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                  Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
                  Tony
                  94 Katana 600

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfR78_KeM_s"]ICON ARC Mesh Jacket review from Sportbiketrackgear.com - YouTube[/ame]

It can't compete with leather, BUT leather isn't gonna do **** for you if you leave it in the closet because it's too hot for you to wear it.

Personally I'd go perforated leather if you can find it, I had a Fieldsheer radar 2 pc suit that was perforated and it was awesome in the summer heat.

Here's a cortech for a bit less than the Icon one.
                    Anther MotorcycleGear.com exclusive; all remaining US inventory of this style is in our Texas warehouse. Get one while they remain! Our product comments:...

EDIT

what gear you currently have? you might be able to find something that will combine with what you have now.
                    Last edited by woobie; 03-03-2012, 11:50 PM.
                    Kyle

Comment

My friend loves his! I tried it on and it felt good. I have a few of there helmets and there good overall quality. I'd go for it !

Comment

i like icon mesh gear , i i have like 7 mesh jackets from icon , and one leather jacket someone gave me
                        sigpic

Comment

I'be been having trouble finding a jacket that fits because I have broad shoulders.
                          Joe Rocket XL is way too small, XXL is a little too big. This has been true of several brands. I've found the icon fits perfect so this is the reason I decided to focus on icon brand.

Comment

I like my jackets slightly bigger so I can fit many layers under if I need to.
                            Tony
                            94 Katana 600

Comment

I have the icon contra jacket and absolutely love it. I've had it for a year and a half and it is awesome. It's a textile with lots of armor and 100% breathable in the summer and comes with a quilted liner for those colder days. It's good down until about 45-50. I put on under armour and a hoodie when its colder than that and it works great. Very comfortable in any position, looks good, and is a solid jacket.

Comment

Working...
                              X