X

Helment Face Sheild

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helment Face Sheild

My face sheild is scratched the hell up. Can I sand it? I cant find a replacement. I have been searching for hours. I have a Fulmer AF-300
    sigpic

Done it before but always was a little wavier after that. Used like 2k grit and a heat gun after.
    When all else fails get a bigger hammer

Comment

If you can't get one from here: http://www.fulmerhelmets.com/

They probably don't exist. Due to the age of those things, and the lack of replacement parts, I'd recommend getting a new helmet. I couldn't find anything either.

Only other thing to do is to go here: http://www.fulmerhelmets.com/dealerlocator/ And see if there is a dealer close to you that has some old stock.

Comment

Checkin on the dealer... Gonna try sanding first. Then new helment.
        sigpic

Comment

I ran into the same issue with my fulmer when all te hardware snapped off.
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Sanding didnt work...
            sigpic

Comment

Novus, comes in three grades...Some people just use toothpaste to work out minor scratches.

Comment

Originally posted by superbike View Post
                Novus, comes in three grades...Some people just use toothpaste to work out minor scratches.
                Hmmmm...... neat trick Jim. Would that also work on a windscreen? I've been contemplating getting another one due to all the huge bugs I run into.
                sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                ------------------------------------------
                89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                96 YZF 1000R

Comment

i used some of the meguires plastic polish on my windscreen and did wonders, might work on a faceshield...just alot of elbow grease.

Comment

Find your local Fulmer dealer, have them order one. Shield model should be in the top left corner. If they can't order one, your helmet is too old, time to buy a new helmet.

So if a few scratches are bad, let me take the sand paper to it? There are several manufacturers of products designed specifically for clear plastic, and I still wouldn't use any of them on a face shield. Most manufacturers specifically harden the outside of the shield to keep it from scratching as easily. Any refinishing you do will take this hard layer off, so the next gnat to hit the shield will scratch it.
                    Pics
                    Pics
                    No pics yet
                    Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

What about a headlight restoration kit? The kind you attach to a power drill. That stuff buffs everything pretty sparkly clear... Never tried it, just a thought.
                      2006 Katana GSX750F

Comment

Originally posted by thetable View Post
                        If they can't order one, your helmet is too old, time to buy a new helmet.
                        Exactly what I had to do, that helmet was crap anyway.
                        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                        Originally posted by soulless kaos
                        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Working...
                        X