X

what boots to buy? What to look for?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what boots to buy? What to look for?

ok i am in the market for some boots. my ext gear purchase. What does everyone have? what do they like? what should i look for what shoudl i avoid? i want a racing boot. I do a lot of back and forth to work riding and have been wearing uhh sneakers for now. i want something i can still feel the shifter. price is also an issue and would like to stay under $200(US) if possible. I have been mainly looking at new enough for my selection range. any on there you would recommend. i know the waterproof part kind of limits the selection. i do not need a full on race boot.
    Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

I have a pair of Alpinestar SMX boots I bought "Slightly" used off ebay last winter. They are very comfortable on the bike and so so off. I walked around the Parry Sound rally all day and they were fine.Other than the fact they squeaked (until I lubed them) I've had no major problems other than a zipper losing some stitching.

I commute on the bike during the riding season, Down to -4C and up to 30+ they have been fine. The only time water was an issue was after riding in a downpour for 45 minutes (on the highway) my feet felt a little damp at the toes.

To be honest after wearing them all season It feels really weird to wear anything else while riding.

http://www.motorcyclegearreview.com/ is always a site I hit when I'm looking at gear.
    Kyle

Comment

I have a pair of SIDI basic road boots. they are great. I would go with SIDI, Alpinstar,AGV. The list goes on and on. go to a shop that has them and try on what you like get the right feel of the boot then go on line and buy it. That is what I do for my gear now.
      www.mopowersports.com

Comment

I have SIDI Vertebrae 2 boots and I love them. I have no idea their cost in the US, but they were damn expensive down here. They fit me nice though, and that is what I look at. Also, the scrapable parts are replacable so they will last a long long time.
        fulcrum (aka David)
        Blue 2004 GSX750F
        Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.--Isaac Asimov
        If you can keep your head, while all around you are losing theirs, then you probably aren't grasping the situation

Crash virginity lost: March 6th 2005

Comment

You know what? You really have to go to the dealer and try on boots! I went to buy a cheep pair of boots but they all feel like crap. I ended up shelling out the cash for the Alpinestar boots. They fit great.

EDIT....notice I said goto the dealer and try on boots. I never said to buy them there If you can buy them online you may save a few bucks
          I don't need a girlfriend... Windows goes down on me everyday!

Comment

I like my boots . They're waterproof , relatively comfy for walking around , and I paid about $100 . Downside : I don't like the velcro . It doesn't feel tight enough , and sometimes it comes loose if I dance around on the pegs a little too much . That's probably because I'm pretty skinny , though . I can't tighten the straps enough around my calves because I run out of velcro . If you see any Alpinestars Ridge waterproofs (there are "waterproof" and "regular") , might be worth a look .
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

well the dealrship here has nothing really at least nothing in my size. When you start getting into the higher numbers of sizes the stock goes down.

I guess i can read some reviews and take it from there.
              Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

I have a pair of Alpinestars Ridge (waterproof) too; they are nice and comfortable.

You would want to try the boots sitting on the bike though, and preferably with your riding pants on as well. I didn't , and realized that with short boots like the Ridge, my textile pants easily slids off the boots in riding position on the Kat. I added a couple of straps to the pants to make them stay over the boots, so now I can ride in rain again...
                - Samuel

My 1988 Katana 600

Comment

buddy of mine just got some new alpine stars.. great boots, and affordable too.

Comment

do the boots tend to go along the same as shoe sizes ...like nike sizes and such?

Comment

from what i have found out, and what others have told me, the boots tend to fit alittle smaller, size to size, than normal shoes would go. but then again, I have wide feet too

Comment

thanks

Comment

Working...
                        X