X

advice

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advice

dont have the money to get some leather pants.. i have a alpine leather jacket the cost me a pretty penny, but i want something to wear instead of jeans.. would you go for the icon timax textile pants or the jr balistic 5.0?
    Matt

The Difference Between Ordinary And Extraordinary Is That Little Extra

Yo ucan get those or you can get the body armor pants and put those under your jeans. May be cheaper. Go look at http://www.bohnarmor.com/bohnarmor/index.asps
    I think they have what I am talking about. Just remeber any protection is better than none .

Also keep an eye out on ebay for leathers. I went and looked at a pair a guy was selling for $200 on ebay. Just so happened he lived near me. They didn't fit. The sold on ebay for $208 they were worht at leat $600. Mint condition. so you can get a deal on ebay if you look. also go look at www.newenough.com they always have some on clearance. Go to a shop try some on get a good fit and then look on line.
    www.mopowersports.com

Comment

alright, thanks alot
      Matt

Comment

if you are in a warmer climate the ballistic can be uhh warm..mainly from the water proof liner in them. i wore them in the summer and about died from the heat.
        Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

Newenough has leather pants on close out, $85 US.
          http://www.newenough.com/firstgear_h...pants_page.htm . I'm thinking of getting a pair for colder months, my current leather pants are perforated and while awesome most of the year are a little chilly in the early spring and late Fall.

As far as I know $85 is close to what the Ballistic pants go for. You could easily have a zipper aded to your jacket so you could connect your pants to it.

Ebay is also awesome, I scored my JR speedmaster pants for less than half of what they go for locally, I just won a used matching jacket for less half of the local cost.

You can usually get some cheap leathers on ebay, AGV, HJC, Teknic, and Fieldsheer are always on Ebay, There is a Ton of Joe Rocket stuff on there all the time.
          Kyle

Comment

yeah the hard part with stuff on e bay is im a size 40.. need to hit the gym
            Matt

Comment

and 6'4 so i need the tall pants
              Matt

Comment

Working...
              X