X

What's your opinion Motorcycle Cover

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your opinion Motorcycle Cover

I have recently relocated my bike up to the Rome, NY area. Anyways, I no longer have a garage to park in. I took my father's suzuki boulevard cover up but that thing is shaped weird and barely fits over half of the kat.

Rather than just looking online for a cover I figured I'd ask you guys what most of you use. It only needs to be water proof because I will be storing the bike back home inside when the snow comes down.

What do you guys find to be the best cover? I'd rather hear your opinions than random ratings off of amazon.
    "...Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams" W.B. Yeats

I picked up mine from Walmart ~40$. Silver on the outside to reflect the sun's heat, but i'm not sure how water proof it is. It's a medium and fits snugly, has plastic loops at the center so i guess you can pass a cable to lock it on. A friend in a similar situation as you picked up a used mini tempo (metal framed tarp shelter) to park it in. it was good in that the bike is out of sight.
    Last edited by chrisx2; 05-17-2011, 09:35 PM.
    2004 GSX750F

Comment

I have tried some different brands over my 20 plus years of riding and found that Nelson Riggs are the best. Waterproof, well ventilated, lifetime warranty and fits the Kat like a glove.

Comment

+1 on the Nelson Riggs

Comment

I bought a cycleshell great product and very easy to use.

Comment

Newegg is having a sale on the Nelson rigs right now and you can support KR buyin there. Just sayin...

that said I use a Tour Master cover. I like it as it grips my 675 nicely. The Kat has a cheaper nelson rig cover that needs to be replaced
            I am a Penn State fanatic.
            Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Comment

I asked the same question a week or so ago on here and the response I got was the Guardian from dowcopowersports.com. I got a Large/sport bike cover for my Kat 600 and it fits well. They are expensive (around $110), but it has a lifetime warranty. It is waterproof and has some other nice features too. I like it so far, but have only had it a week or so. Look for my post though and you'll see the other responses.
              First bike? Old rider that learned a new lesson?
              Post your questions, tips and experiences here so we can all learn from them!

Comment

The nelson rig one is very similar to the dowco one and it is 1/2 the price.

Comment

Originally posted by soulpatch View Post
                  Newegg is having a sale on the Nelson rigs right now and you can support KR buyin there. Just sayin...

that said I use a Tour Master cover. I like it as it grips my 675 nicely. The Kat has a cheaper nelson rig cover that needs to be replaced

SP, you said Newegg but I think you meant Amazon? Looks like you can get a Nelson on Amazon for around $35 + shipping. Not a bad price.

DLW
                  1994 Black Kat 600

Comment

Meh I meant Newenough.

You have to watch the cheaper Nelsons as they are not waterproof in many instances....

Cheapest I have seen their good quality ones is on New Enough which now has a new name where they were selling for like $55

Comment

I use the Nelson Rigg ones. I've bought about 6 of them over the years since people seem to like them so much
                      -Steve

sigpic
                      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by soulpatch View Post
                        Meh I meant Newenough.

You have to watch the cheaper Nelsons as they are not waterproof in many instances....

Cheapest I have seen their good quality ones is on New Enough which now has a new name where they were selling for like $55

Thanks for the clarification SP. Didn't think of Newenough, which is why I went straight to Amazon.

DLW
                        1994 Black Kat 600

Comment

If you plan to buy from them, please use the affiliate link

-Steve

sigpic
                          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

I have had the Guardian model but found that the Nelson Riggs was much more waterproof, the elastic at the bottom had more grip and the vents are of a rounded stiff material that doesn't overlap on itself to keep the venting space open.

Comment

I picked up mine from Empire Covers. The specific cover I purchased was the Titan 4L. Its 100% waterproof, so it definitely meets your needs.

Hope this helped!

Comment

Working...
                              X