X

Boot Advice

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boot Advice

I was wondering if you guy's could give advice on a boot purchase. I just got the screw removed from my ankle from a low speed slide on gravel. I was wearing boots but not street/track grade if you know what I mean. So I am looking for some ankle protection for the future, hopefully not needing it but better safe than sorry. Also my helmet took a dive as well. My jacket and armor worked great. Thanks for any help in this area. Accident happen early Sept, so I haven't ridden in a while and ready to get back on the horse.
    Kat78

What advise was given to me was...go to a Cycle store in your area and try the ones they have there on...walk around a bit in them and then decide what feels good to you...Sidi, Alpinestars,Joe Rocket, etc...they all have a different feel...
    Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
    Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

my JR Blaster boots were VERY comfortable and were pretty good (Zukifred has them now)
      My Sidi Vertebrea are great for protection...but they get a little painfull after a lot of walking...and they squeek. I don't walk much when I am on a bike...so it is not really a concern.

Spend as much as you can...your feet and ankles are VERY important...as you have obviously realized, and always WEAR THEM

Comment

SIDI

That's really all you need to know. The rest will be settled by the depth of your wallet.
        I like you. When the world is mine your death will be quick and painless.

Comment

When I get the cash I am buying these: http://www.newenough.com/oxtar_tcs_e...boots_page.htm These seem to offer the most protection for your feet and ankles. They are built like a ski boot so they can only flex in certain directions.

Comment

I think Plutonium has those Oxtar boots.

Now that new enough ships to Canada again I'm temped to order a pair .
            Kyle

Comment

Originally posted by Wingspan
              SIDI

That's really all you need to know. The rest will be settled by the depth of your wallet.
              +1 I bought the Vertigo Corsas haven't regretted it once.
              Originally posted by AbeezieSoNeezie

fact: a yammie is a girls bike
              fact: more that one girl rides yammies therefore yammies = a bunch of girls
              fact: girls lie

therefore, the following equation is true.
              girls = yammah
              yammah = a bunch of liars

Comment

Boot Advice

thank you all for your help and recommendation. I appreciate it. Any thoughts on Vision boots by Set-up supervised by SIDI? They are only $129.00 bucks and SIDI oversees the production, how bad can they be. They sorta look like the B-ones.

Thanks,
                Kat78

Comment

I am sure that the Setup is a quaility boot, but itdoes not look like it would prvide as much protection as a higher end boot that has a shell. You may want to check these boots out as well http://www.newenough.com/oxtar_tcs_sport_boots_page.htm New Enough has them on sale for $139.

Comment

My Frank Thomas boots look great and feel ok in the foot, but seem too narrow in the calf area. The velcro barely reaches. I can't remember what model they are, but they are waterproof, all black, toe sliders...
                    Press the attack!

Comment

personal preferance, I found that some don't fit me right because they dig into my calves.
                      TDA Racing/Motorsports
                      1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                      Who knows what is next?
                      Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                      Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Go with SIDI or the Set-up ones. Since SIDI over sees the production they are a quality boot. I have a pair of SIDI sport-touring boots and love them. I plan on getting some newer boots by next spring.
                        www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Boot Advice

Thanks for all who had input I will put it to good use and get a comfortable ,protective pair of boots.
                          Kat78

Comment

BEST DEAL ON THE WEB .... these boots are HIGH quality and very comfortable .... + the price can't be beat!!

Not as lean, not as mean but still a Marine!

Comment

Yeah.. 99 bucks..
                              That is good

Comment

Working...
                              X