X

Gear in the oven?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gear in the oven?

Have you ever heard of putting your gear in the oven on a low setting before riding in the cold? Seems like it would only work for a little while, then you're cold again?

I know of people that will get those little hot pads, that you microwave for a few minutes, and then put them in an inside pocket or in their boots or something to help stay warm?

would suck if you forgot about it while getting ready and burnt it....lol
    Info for the Ottawa Motorcycle Course

sigpic

Comment

Wear warmer gear ! Those little handwarmer packs are nice , too . I'm good down to about 30-35 with my gear . I wouldn't really want to ride when it's much colder than that unless it's an emergency . But back to your point ... I used to throw my work clothes in the dryer before leaving . It's nice at first , but gets cold again pretty fast . The only good it does is so the cold isn't quite as shocking when you step outside .
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

When it's really cold here (low 20s to 'teens) I use those little hand warmers in my gloves and boots. Warming your gear would only prolong the inevitable IMO
        ~Jayson

Comment

Dont bake your gear. First off that's how people burn their house down. Sounds stupid but it happens. Second many plastics become brittle when exposed to excessive heat(like an oven or dryer).
          '92 Kat restoration/mod project

Comment

Ever think about getting some Poly Pro, or other type of cold weather gear? That stuff works awsome.
            Kan-O-Gixxer!
            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
            -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
            -Ohlins Susupension
            -Various Other Mods

Comment

in the beginning of hte summer when i went to my riding school for my licence my teacher was talking how he rides all winter and he has some pants/jacket that plugs in to the bike and is heated ...and he said how he might get the heated grips ...you guys ever hear of that stuff? i dont remember what it was called but he said it was pretty simple to hook up

Comment

Jeez, I know what you guys are going through. Cold weather riding is soooooo brutal. Like, last weekend, it got down to 68. YES, 68! It was horrible! But it gets worse..... on my way back from the beach (I like living life on the edge out here. Redondo Beach in November - 65 in the shade, not for the faint of heart), I heard on the news that it was....*shudder* - FIFTY-FREAKIN'-FIVE!!! How insane is that!!??? No way should a man have to endure that kind of trauma! I almost decided not to make the 20 mile ride back to the house, but, I stopped by REI and grabbed the biggest down jacket I could find and somehow - someway - made it home alive. Man I feel for my fellow cold-weather riding brothers out there.

I might have to stay home tomorrow. Weatherman predicts slightly cloudy with a chance of early morning fog??!! WTF?! I think that global warming stuff is kicking in! Gotta find my electric blanket tonight.

:P
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tdrcomm
                  Jeez, I know what you guys are going through. Cold weather riding is soooooo brutal. Like, last weekend, it got down to 68. YES, 68! It was horrible! But it gets worse..... on my way back from the beach (I like living life on the edge out here. Redondo Beach in November - 65 in the shade, not for the faint of heart), I heard on the news that it was....*shudder* - FIFTY-FREAKIN'-FIVE!!! How insane is that!!??? No way should a man have to endure that kind of trauma! I almost decided not to make the 20 mile ride back to the house, but, I stopped by REI and grabbed the biggest down jacket I could find and somehow - someway - made it home alive. Man I feel for my fellow cold-weather riding brothers out there.

I might have to stay home tomorrow. Weatherman predicts slightly cloudy with a chance of early morning fog??!! WTF?! I think that global warming stuff is kicking in! Gotta find my electric blanket tonight.

think your pretty funny Busaboy!

Comment

Originally posted by tdrcomm

Hehehe.... :P

Comment

First impression...someones leathers were pregnant

Comment

I wouldnt really see the point in this either..and also too..the hotter & quicker you warm up..the colder you get once it wears off.

Comment

Working...
                        X