One more thing - Phone chargers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bluelinewall
    replied
    I used an outdoor cig lighter under the seat with an inline fuse. Charges the iPhone, GPS or my XM radio. One at a time. Works like a charm and no issues with the battery going dead. On a side note though I had to replace my battery this fall, but it did last 6 years.

Leave a comment:

• niqbales
    replied
    Originally posted by hardlydangerous View Post
    my sig lighter socket is on small aligator clips and sits under the seat.
    I can set my phone or GPS or camp light on charge under the seat and it will be safe and dry no matter where I am.
    I cant stand sig lighters on sport bikes.... keep um hidden lol
    Inline fuse? I want to put one together but curious if I need to worry about this...

Leave a comment:

• hardlydangerous
    replied
    my sig lighter socket is on small aligator clips and sits under the seat.
    I can set my phone or GPS or camp light on charge under the seat and it will be safe and dry no matter where I am.
    I cant stand sig lighters on sport bikes.... keep um hidden lol

Leave a comment:

• jetmerritt
    replied
    There are alot of cases available for smartphones with built in auxiliary batteries. I know iPhone 3GS's have one available that will double their battery life.

Something to look into.

Leave a comment:

• sonosam
    replied
    I would look into why the phone is draining the battery so quickly. My phone, a droid incredible, went from 100% to 40% in just 4 hours when I wasn't even using it because of all the stuff verizon had running in the background. I rooted it, removed the bloatware and installed a new ROM (all on the second day I had the phone) and it will stay with a charge for 2 days with normal usage.

My .02

Leave a comment:

• niqbales
    replied
    Originally posted by bob393 View Post
    The one I use I got at an Advanced Auto Parts, like $10.00. I would have sent you the page but I can't find it online. It's a power port, sealed on the back, and has a nice rubber cap.
    Does it have an inline fuse?

Leave a comment:

• bob393
    replied
    The one I use I got at an Advanced Auto Parts, like $10.00. I would have sent you the page but I can't find it online. It's a power port, sealed on the back, and has a nice rubber cap.

Leave a comment:

• chrisgreer23
    replied
    Amizon.com...

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/CLA-NHWC-Universal-Hardwire-Lighter-Socket/dp/B0035G7MV6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1294358958&sr=8-2"]Amazon.com: CLA-NHWC: Universal Hardwire Cable with Lighter Socket and Power Switch for M...: Electronics[/ame]

Not sure why the Amizon thumbnail thingy is there.

Leave a comment:

• niqbales
    replied
    Seen a lot of guys with stuff hooked up to the battery with an inline fuse to a car lighter style outlet. I'd be surprised if there wasn't something like that sold specifically for bikes(google). I haven't really looked into it yet but by the time I head for Laguna this summer I'll have something hooked up.

Leave a comment:

• Holt
    started a topic One more thing - Phone chargers

One more thing - Phone chargers

Anyone have any preferences for cell phone chargers. Good/bad experiences? I have a smart phone that drains and my Kat is my main transpo. Any help again is much appreciated! Thanks!
Working...
X