No announcement yet.
X

Air bags for the two wheel enthusiest.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air bags for the two wheel enthusiest.

Not sure if anybody started a thread to show this but I just come across it. I think this is freaking awesome.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mo9Vlt5tGwY"]Don't know how to put a video straight on, so this is the best I could do.[/ame]
    My Addiction (94 600 Kat)

Addicted to Modification since... 1995!
    Electrical Tape, Zip-Ties, and Rivets are more like accents then eye sores.

It didn't seem to be very effective in my opinion. It kept his shoulder from hitting the pavement a time or two but that's it. I think the cost would be pretty far up there as well. I guess it would be good for track days and racers (with sponsors $$$$). How much?

Comment

it would be better if the entire suit did that, and twice as much cushion around joints and bones that are generally exposed to motorcycle accident type injuries. i.e. knees & elbows blow up 4 inches off the skin while the rest of the suit blows up 2 inches off the skin.

but it has to be made cheaply.... then made mandatory for riders by state law. before they make money on it. and if they want people to wear it they must make it out of free flowing mesh that doesn't get hot in the sun while not being inconvenient for the riders to wear, and market it as "what the cool kids are wearing!"
      they have a very difficult job to do i commend them.
      Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
      Tony
      94 Katana 600

Comment

As far as cost your probably right. (SPONSORS) Also for street use, egh a little hard pressed for that. You have a point il there is the factor of the popular section; also my concern would be quality over mass production.

With that said, I was just merely enthusiastic over the idea more then the practicality. I seems like they are taking more steps in making the the sport of riding safer. There does seem to be more for desire. It looks like they are mainly concerned for the support of the neck and deployment timing.

However can't the concept make for optimism.
        My Addiction (94 600 Kat)

Addicted to Modification since... 1995!
        Electrical Tape, Zip-Ties, and Rivets are more like accents then eye sores.

Comment

I dunno about the track. Maybe it would be great...or maybe it would catch on everything and send you rolling arse-over-tin-cups across the ground.

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
          -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

If you look at the slow motion replay you can see that to give proper protection for his fall they would need airbags in the hips too. He goes sliding along on them before the shoulders get any taste of tarmac

Comment

They need to invent one of those James Bond suits that encapsules people in a bubble :P
              1998 - 600, 1997 - 600

Comment

I vote for the personal space bubble

My 14 year old keeps talking about her personal space bubble to my little guy .I say its the only way to go .lol thats a prototype thats on the right track ...the joints should have something too .The Arnold Schwartzenegger movie where they were encapsolated in foam is another one .....Sign me up as a test pilot
                I have got to work on my sensitivity ........ok thats over lets get to the next caring moment

Comment

repost

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.p...ghlight=airbag
                  -1990 Suzuki Katana GSXF1100
                  -2007 BMW 335xi (Retired )
                  -2008 Audi S5
                  -2010 Land Rover Range Rover

Comment

Originally posted by Irish View Post
                    My 14 year old keeps talking about her personal space bubble to my little guy .I say its the only way to go .lol thats a prototype thats on the right track ...the joints should have something too .The Arnold Schwartzenegger movie where they were encapsolated in foam is another one .....Sign me up as a test pilot

Are you referring to Demolition Man with Stallone where the car fills with instant-hardening foam?

Comment

Working...
                    X