Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Is it stupid not to wear a jacket when riding?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it is retarded hot here in FL! I always wear my gear and think about being here for my kids, and one day I went down at close to 40mph ... in full gear ... and got up, picked up my bike (not running) pushed it aside and called to get a ride home. No injuries, no damage to assess, no bleeding to stop, no trying not to go into shock, no hospitals. Just a few bruises and the inconvienence of having to rebuild a bike. Look on Craigslist and get some gear.
    Last edited by erok011; 09-03-2010, 01:22 AM. Reason: punctuation
    May the road rise up to meet you.
    May the wind always be at your back.
    May the sun shine warm upon your face,
    and rains fall soft upon your fields.
    And until we meet again,
    May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
    RIP Marc

Comment

I figure riding with the proper gear is like having insurance on the bike... you don't really need it to ride... you only need it when you crash... Then you'll wish you had it.
      ROCP

Comment

I am a newb owner of my Katana 06 750, and I wouldn't dream of heading out without wearing my gear. I wear a J.Rocket mesh jacket (with liner if its cold enough) and gloves. I also have a heavy leather jacket for colder seasons. Gloves with the hard knuckle protectors and steel toed boots. What I am missing though is something for the lower area. Thinking about investing in a pair kevlar pants to wear over top of my dress clothes when going to work.

Comment

to the OP.... yes you are stupid if u dont wear gear

just yesterday had to help my buddy.... he got pulled over on the highway for speeding and his temps expired. so i had to come get his bike

after 50 miles, we get back and are almost home, when i make a left at a stop light and low slide his 08 GSXR600 at about 20mph.... not much damage was done to the bike, and i had my helmet, jacket, gloves, boots on and what not.
          even with all that here are some pics of all the damage i suffered. i am sore as hell and hurtin from the bruises..

i always wear my gear and after yesterday i will never consider not having it on... so do us a favor, close this thread and post YES I WILL WEAR GEAR

thank you

97 GSX600 w/ 9,363mi = $300 (Deal of the century)
          94.5whp on a Dyno Dynamics

Comment

Originally posted by 4g vtec View Post
            to the OP.... yes you are stupid if u dont wear gear

just yesterday had to help my buddy.... he got pulled over on the highway for speeding and his temps expired. so i had to come get his bike

after 50 miles, we get back and are almost home, when i make a left at a stop light and low slide his 08 GSXR600 at about 20mph.... not much damage was done to the bike, and i had my helmet, jacket, gloves, boots on and what not.
            even with all that here are some pics of all the damage i suffered. i am sore as hell and hurtin from the bruises..

i always wear my gear and after yesterday i will never consider not having it on... so do us a favor, close this thread and post YES I WILL WEAR GEAR

thank you

i am not sure what i am looking at in one of those, was that your a$$?
            May the road rise up to meet you.
            May the wind always be at your back.
            May the sun shine warm upon your face,
            and rains fall soft upon your fields.
            And until we meet again,
            May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
            RIP Marc

Comment

Originally posted by erok011 View Post

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
              -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

What the heck happened Felix? You ride a GXR 1k all the way back from Zanesville and you wipe out in a wimpy 600? Atleast you dont look too beat up.

Originally posted by erok011 View Post
                Nah, cant be, Ive ridden behind him, his arse is much bigger than that!
                Originally posted by arsenic
                93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

Originally posted by HemiKat View Post
                  What the heck happened Felix? You ride a GXR 1k all the way back from Zanesville and you wipe out in a wimpy 600? Atleast you dont look too beat up.

Nah, cant be, Ive ridden behind him, his arse is much bigger than that!
                  i know right!?

just made that left turn n slid down.... all i can think is that maybe i am used to my tires holding up and being stickier and holding a good left lean.... and these didnt...i dont think i was going in hot, but maybe on this bike it was... this shows u speed sometimes is not the reason....
                  97 GSX600 w/ 9,363mi = $300 (Deal of the century)
                  94.5whp on a Dyno Dynamics

Comment

I don't care if you are doing 25 or 150... you need gear. Asphalt sucks at any speed.

Comment

Working...
                    X