Synthetic leather jacket

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Synthetic leather jacket

what do u guys think will it last?

Do you mean that it is one of those fake leather jackets you get at a department store?
    -Izzy

"If you're gonna be a turd, go lay on the lawn."
    -My wife

Comment

Synthetic leather is as varied as plastic. You have zip lock bags which are flexible but easily destroyed, and on the other extreme you have abs fairings that merely crack from low speed crashes. The thickness of the fake leather, UV & rain resistance will vary depending upon the material. Based upon the stuff they use for car seats I would expect it to be shredded in a wreck, but otherwise stand up well to weather....and it appears that this site agrees:

Learn how to do just about everything at ehow. Find expert advice along with How To videos and articles, including instructions on how to make, cook, grow, or do almost anything.
      Some people are primarily positive, others negative. Some argue about whether the glass is half full or half empty. Me? I drink the contents and call it empty.

Comment

thanks bigfish im sticking with the normal leather. the synthetic leather is so much cheaper but i dont need to be shredded sliding down the road.

Comment

get a Kevlar jacket. A good jacket is going to be cheaper than a skin graft!

Comment

I'm considering getting one for rainy days. They tend to repel water better.
            Some people are primarily positive, others negative. Some argue about whether the glass is half full or half empty. Me? I drink the contents and call it empty.

Comment

Working...
            X