X

New helmet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New helmet

I picked up a new lid yesterday. This is to replace my almost 5 year old lid. The old one was a signet gt, new one is a quantum II. Also, picked up a fogcity insert that is light reactive (supposed to darken in the sun). I had just the anti fog on my earlier helmet and LOVED it. No fog at all. Looking forward to seeing how helpful this one is in the sun. Anyway, here are a couple of pics.

With the insert:
    - Sufyan.

Wearing helmets is NOT a civil rights issue - it is a safety issue, period!

Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Very nice, how's the noise level at highway speeds?
    Kyle

Comment

Great looking lid.

Comment

that is sharp! give us a full review on noise, air flow etc.
        TDA Racing/Motorsports
        1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
        Who knows what is next?
        Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
        Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Nice lid. I have one of the Progrip photosentive inserts and I really like it. Did you have problems with the Fog City insert ever coming loose?

Comment

Originally posted by tzortn
            Nice lid. I have one of the Progrip photosentive inserts and I really like it. Did you have problems with the Fog City insert ever coming loose?
            Nope, never had that problem. On my older helmet, I had the insert for around 3 years or more. Never came loose.
            - Sufyan.

Comment

Originally posted by woobie
              Very nice, how's the noise level at highway speeds?
              Just came back from a quick ride to see how the new helmet fairs. The noise levels seem the same as on my older Arai, which is a good thing. Its pretty quiet, I also wear ear plugs all the time, so I dont really notice it that much. But, I am really liking it so far.
              - Sufyan.

Comment

Originally posted by THAZKAT
                that is sharp! give us a full review on noise, air flow etc.
                Air flow on this lid seems to be really good. I had the vents open this morning and I could feel a nice breeze over my face. I almost thought I had the visor open a crack.

Weight wise, while holding it in my hand, it seems to the same as the older Signet GT. But, when I wear it, it seems so much more lighter.

Only one thing that maybe an issue is that the visor seems to move very easily. You cannot keep it opened a little or it will fly open. Not a problem for me, since mine is usually always closed. Once closed, it does not open that easily.

If I ride into work tomorrow (45 miles one way), then I may have some updates. So far, I love it.
                - Sufyan.

Comment

Great looking Lid!!
                  I like that silver.

Comment

Nice lid!

Comment

Nice lid, I got the same but in europe they call it the Astro J. My visor was also a little stiff when opening to begin with but it will loosen up. I also put the fogcity hyperoptic in mine but noticed that it lost its full tint after a year.
                      Now I ride with a dark tinted visor with a antifog insert in it.
                      Once you have worn an Arai you will not want to put anything ells on your pip.

Tokalosh

Comment

Working...
                      X