X

Need advice on boots...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice on boots...

Right now I ride with a pair of Icon Superduty2 boots...they are comfortable and I like them but want to buy another pair of boots...looking for the Street/Track style but not really sure what to look at....a buddy of mine suggested the AlpineStars S-MX or GPS3 style because they may be more comfortable...I have big calf muscles and he says they may fit better than a Sidi or other that are made more for people with stream lined calf muscles...Just trying to see what you guys think...
    Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
    Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

My suggestion would be the Joe Rocket Blaster boots.

Comment

I think the alpine stars have a bigger calf opening than the SIDI's do. I know my SIDI's fit pretty close to my calf. If you can get by a store that carrys those then I would suggest go there and try them on. I got lucky when I bought my SIDI's on ebay and they fit great. The S-MX and GPS3 are good boots and will give you the smae protection as any other boot out there. It is all about what will make you comfortable.
      www.mopowersports.com

Comment

I had a helluva time finding boots that would fit my calves as well. I didnt have alot to spend on them, and fortunately I bought a size bigger than normal and picked up a pair of nitro boots that fit really well.

Comment

Definately try some on if you can. I looked at those Alpinestars models and didn't like the fit, they where loose on my legs. I have the opposite problem as you, I'm kinda tall so my boots end before my calfs. I went with some Sidi boots because I could tighten them up with their vertibra system. So the alpinestars may work for you, but see if you can try them on first.
          'He who is not afraid will always be safe'
          --Lao Tzu

Comment

Thanks for the advice I guess the best answer is to actually go to a store and try them on...I will definately do that and then try to find a better price online....
            Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084

Comment

most dealers have a decent selection of boots. that way even if u dont like the color's they have in stock, u can tell how they fit and what size u need, then go online and get it cheaper!

Comment

I've got the AlpineStars S-MX and they fit great. The SIDI is a fantastic boot but outta my price range.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WildKat
                  I had a helluva time finding boots that would fit my calves as well. I didnt have alot to spend on them, and fortunately I bought a size bigger than normal and picked up a pair of nitro boots that fit really well.
                  I am having the same problem and so does KatDan2. I will get Joe Rocket's but I am still in search for the right ones
                  TDA Racing/Motorsports
                  1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                  Who knows what is next?
                  Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                  Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

So you like the superduty 2's? I was going to buy some of those... does the sizing pretty much match that of your normal tennis shoe sizes?

As far as the taller boots that cover the calf, I can't help you there. I have no desire to get a pair like that.
                    I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death. - George Carlin

Join the Zietgeist Movement
                    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3847743189197#

Comment

Originally posted by WildKat
                      +1 on the Nitro boots.

Comment

Yeah they fit really nice....They fit like work boots but are really comfortable and the strap keeps the boot tight (or loose depending how you like to ride)...as for the size it's probably better to try a pair on..as for the tall boots actually tried on the Alpine S-MX and they fit really nice..did not care for the S-MX3 or Joe Rockets (don't know the model on the Rockets but they felt kinda weird, not bad just weird)...Gotta find the Nitro boots to try on and I would like to fit on a pair of Sidi's....

Comment

Working...
                        X