X

Good pair of gloves to wear during summer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good pair of gloves to wear during summer

I wrecked my bike on Thursday (Stupid lady in a SUV cut me off). I wasn't wearing any gloves and tore up my hands pretty bad. I have a big pair of Teknic gloves but they are way to hot to wear during the summer and make my hand really, really bad. I was wondering if anyone knew of a good set of smaller, cooler gloves to wear for when I get my bike fixed so I don't have to go through the whole road rash all on my hands again (However, the nurses at the hospital made it feel much better when they told me to get naked ).

Alpinestars SP-S gloves:
    light, comfortable, and short - perfect for summer
    brought to you by the letter S, and the number 1

Comment

I'm using Alpinestars SP-S gloves at the time. They don't run as far up as my Teknic gloves. My hands don't get as hot in these as the others, and feel they will give me ample protection if needed.

Keep it simple.....1+1=2

Comment

I recommend the Joe Rocket Phoenix gloves. I use them in the hot, humid Texas climate and they are great. They are made of breatheable mesh to allow airflow, but also provide ample protection. I paid about $45 for a pair.
        1999 Black Katana GSX-600F

Comment

I have been impressed with my Tecknic Supervent Mesh Gloves. They are mesh top with reinforced knuckles and leather palms. EBay (new) $30 delivered.

Comment

I too have the Joe Rocket Phoenix gloves and really, really like them in the hot weather. Good air flow and good protection.
            Ridicule is the burden of genius.

Comment

Vote #3 for the Joe Rocket Phoenix gloves...I bought mine at the beginning of summer and they have been great in this Texas Heat.

A big plus (for me) is they come in women's as well as men's sizes.
              ~ Lisa
              2005 CBR 600RR (nicely modified)
              2005 CBR 600RR Track Toy "Frank"

My motorcycle, my dogs (Piper & Capone - the Pet Bulls) and a cold beer ... what more could a girl ask for???

www.austinsbr.com and www.txsbr.com

Comment

I wear those garden gloces with the little rubber bumps on them. THey breath well, and are grippy. And they tickle when I......
                Kan-O-Gixxer!
                -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                -Ohlins Susupension
                -Various Other Mods

Comment

I wear my Firstgear Carbon Race leather gloves (big , gauntlet style with plastic knuckel armore) anywhere from 40* up to too hot to ride* . Yeah , they're tough to get on and off when they get sweaty , but they're not terribly uncomfortable . Not to sound TOO much like I'm sayin "suck it up , don't be such a wuss" here , but yeah , I'M doin' just fine with heavy leather above 95 degrees ...
                  I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Not to sound TOO much like I'm sayin "suck it up , don't be such a wuss" here , but yeah , I'M doin' just fine with heavy leather above 95 degrees ...
                    Yeah, yeah, yeah. Blah, blah, blah, blah. Just messing with ya. I prefer not to wear heavy leather gloves on my days off from the firehouse. But it's all good seeing as it'll be another week maybe before I can get back to working there.

Thanks for all the advice everyone.

Comment

Hey man , I did the same thing before I decided to get some gloves (shredded my hands real good) . Now I NEVER ride without them . You should be used to the heat , being a fireman and all ! Sorry , I just don't have a whole lot of faith in those cheap mesh things . I know guys that wear those at work as work gloves because they get them so cheap , and they only last a few weeks there .

Comment

Well my main thing is when I'm in my turnout gear, I sweat so much it's not even funny. I naturally sweat a lot for some reason. Plus being on the hazmat team makes it fun also. Those damn latex gloves tend to dry out my hands too. My main thing is I want the glove to have good palm and wrist protection. The main reason I can't go back to work right now is because my hands and wrist are torn up so I can't exactly carrying a line or axe with me. Plus I have to do some physical therapy for my knee because I banged it pretty good.

Comment

Hmmm , good palm AND wrist protection ? Seems to me most "summer weight" gloves are the short kind , no wrist protection there . You're maybe looking for something with a gauntlet , perhaps ? All the summer gloves I've seen end right under the palm , so unless your sleeves come all the way up .... Maybe you DO just want some regular all-season gloves . How hot does it get in your area ?

Comment

I recently picked up a set of Teknic "streetfighter" gloves... they're a medium weight leather with armored (chrome ) knuckles & Kevlar Pads on the palm. They also are gauntlet style, but not too long. They're pretty decent in hot weather - paid about $40 on ebay.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnGreenGT
                              I recently picked up a set of Teknic "streetfighter" gloves... they're a medium weight leather with armored (chrome ) knuckles & Kevlar Pads on the palm. They also are gauntlet style, but not too long. They're pretty decent in hot weather - paid about $40 on ebay.

Dayum. Them are nice. I may need to get me something like that. Then if someone mouths off, I can punch them in the forehead, and leave a "Impression" with them
                              Kan-O-Gixxer!
                              -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                              -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                              -Ohlins Susupension
                              -Various Other Mods

Comment

Working...
                              X