Low or full boot ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great advice Sky.....
    This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
    BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

Originally posted by FASHER View Post
      Great advice Sky.....

Thanks Michelle .. sometimes I do get a brain fart and actually something intelligent gets outta there
      Guylaine
      Try and keep up now

Comment

i wear these they seem to be a compromise between comfort and protection.

May the road rise up to meet you.
        May the wind always be at your back.
        May the sun shine warm upon your face,
        and rains fall soft upon your fields.
        And until we meet again,
        May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
        RIP Marc

Comment

I like Icon Field Armor boots. They're comfortable enough for a couple hours at the mall and are constructed with max protection. They're heavy, but I'm not one to wear light weight, cushy, comfortable shoes -any- time. That's surely the trip that'll find you dumping her.

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
          -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

I wear full boots when riding to work as I need them at work, mix of a duty boot and a structural firefighting boot.

When I ride outside of work I have a pair of Icon SD 2's. I love them, they are a mid boot that has great support and very comfortable to walk around in. My only complaint is that they have laces but I can get over that as I can tuck them under the strap to keep them out of the way.
            Where ever, whenever I go for a ride, may I be joined by friends that have died.

RIP Cyber Poet, watch over us all Marc

Comment

Originally posted by erok011 View Post
              i wear these they seem to be a compromise between comfort and protection.

I was thinking that Timberlands would work too!!!

Comment

Boots

As a guy who spends his time fixing tibia fractures on other bikers I recomend a full boot with ankle supports. I wear these every where and have a rear luggage case for shoes. The AXO full race boots are pretty comfortable- I wear an old pair on the street.
                Recomend kevlar padded jeans and full jacket & gloves at any temp.
                Last edited by dbakerpa; 09-02-2009, 10:39 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by gabriello View Post

so long as they are tall and lace tight i guess. I got those in the Marines, and they are battle tested. they come way above the ankle and can get tight enough to restrict lateral movement. actually any movement if they are really tight
                  May the road rise up to meet you.
                  May the wind always be at your back.
                  May the sun shine warm upon your face,
                  and rains fall soft upon your fields.
                  And until we meet again,
                  May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
                  RIP Marc

Comment

I have the A-star supertech boot, they are sooo comfortable. When these wear out I'll definately buy another pair. http://www.ridersdiscount.com/street...-men/13687.php
                    R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

My ideas for boots

OK, So here I am trying to decide whether to buy another pair of 8" Magnum police boots or buying a economy priced M/C type boot.
                      I was checking out the Vega High top touring boots.the price is right and they look and seem to be a decent boot. $69.95.
                      What do the experts think??????
                      Michael Bluewolf

Comment

You look at Icon Chukkas? I think they're a reasonable m/c specific boot. Laced though...blah.

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
                        -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

I prefer full boots for its protection heck, I wear my full leather in 102 degrees I.E. weather yesterday

these two look pretty comfy...

Teknic Chicane

A*star S-MX 4

I have A*star S-MX R and it's very comfy and easy to put on/take off. not sure if they still make them anymore tho.

sigpic
                          2008 GSX-650F / 1990 GSX-600F sold facebook

Comment

Originally posted by gabriello View Post
                            Not really, you see most work boots may have a steel toe but none of them offer you ankle protection like a race boot.
                            R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

How easy is it to walk around in riding boots? Ive only had motocross boots and they had hardly any tread and were very stiff to walk in. Can you say... go into a store and walk around without killing your feet?
                              Originally posted by arsenic
                              93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

If you get leather boots all you got to do is condition them with leather conditioner and give them about 2 weeks to break in. My Alpinestars smx-2 waterproof boots have broken in fine.

They only problem I have with wearing waterproof boots all day is they don't breath the greatest in my opinion. They are comfy though, but not the most ventilated.

They definitely provide the protection too for ankle boots. There are caps over the ankles under the leather.
                                Car please stop wasting my time and use your blinker!

Comment

Working...
                                X