X

what to wear??!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what to wear??!!

Do you wear your leathers everytime you go riding?

Do you have a textile set you wear?

What do you wear and why?
    TDA Racing/Motorsports
    1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
    Who knows what is next?
    Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
    Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Full leathers unless it's raining. Then I wear my Textile jacket and leather pants since I find it better in the rain/cold weather.

I've found if I wear full gear all the time I get used to it early in the season and the heat that goes with it come summer. Personally I find my textile jacket just as hot as leather when in stop and go traffic. But once moving the textile tends to "Billow" more than the form fitting leather and I feel like it's dragging at highway speeds.

All that said I believe it's up to each person to decide what they wear, althought I still cringe when I see a sport bike blast by and the guys T-shirt is flapping halfway up his back in the wind.
    Kyle

Comment

Usually have my jacket on, sometimes I don't in the city limits being there is no "heavy" traffic in my little town. On the hiway I have it on 90% of the time tho. ALWAYS my gloves, jeans, helmet, shoes.

I wish could say I wear more, but don't have the money right now to get some good pants and shoes. Funny thing around here tho is that if you have Gloves, Helmet, and a Jacket, everyone pretty much considers you "fully" geared. Several of my friends have some nasty road rash scars tho that I would prefer NOT to have haha.
      2002 R1
      Yoshi TRS exhaust, Undertail, Ohlins Steering Stabilizer, Dark Windshield, Frame Sliders.

Comment

I have a winter set (textile jacket and pants) and a summer set (perfed leather jacket and textile pants)

obviously gloves, boots, and helmet all the time.

Comment

I wear my leather jacket, gloves and boots every time.. Chaps if it is cool enough.

I keep a pair of sneakers at work and change shoes when I get to work..

I need a hot weather jacket..
          SOON!!

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
            I wear my leather jacket, gloves and boots every time.. Chaps if it is cool enough.

SOON!!
            that is what I am looking for right now due to the 110 heat index at 94 degrees today LOL
            TDA Racing/Motorsports
            1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
            Who knows what is next?
            Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!

Comment

SOON!!
              Go to www.motoxoutlet.com
              That's where I got my Joe Rocket Phoenix Jacket from. Closeout special for 60 bucks. Also, www.newenough.com has a closeout special on the Joe Rocket Reactor jacket, but you have to be a very small or very big guy...unfortunately, they don't have any in-between sizes. If you find one that fits its only $50 though. Both these jackets are mesh and keep you nice and cool...well, as cool as we can get in the Texas heat.
              1999 Black Katana GSX-600F

Comment

I have thought long and hard on it and have decided that I can not rationalize wearing anthing other than leather.
                I am not judging anyone elses decisions!!
                This is just my own personal one.

I have found a dirt cheap leather/kevlar jacket
                online that a friend personally looked at/felt etc.
                It is leather with kevlar panels in the non-abrasion zones... (I'm not telling you anymore than that!
                I can't afford it yet and I don't want anyone buying it out from under me

I'd like to get some Kevlar and have my wife stitch it into some jeans. I still need to research the exact type of kevlar used.. I figure I can make three
                pairs of kevlar re-enforced Old navy jeans for the same price as one pair of "draggin' jeans".
                Tha info I'll share as soon as I have it

Comment

I'd like to get some Kevlar and have my wife stitch it into some jeans. I still need to research the exact type of kevlar used.. I figure I can make three
                  pairs of kevlar re-enforced Old navy jeans for the same price as one pair of "draggin' jeans".
                  That sounds like a pretty good idea really. I may try this also. Keep me/us informed on the kevlar, or where you got it. Maybe I can do something like this until I find a good pair of pants :-k .
                  2002 R1
                  Yoshi TRS exhaust, Undertail, Ohlins Steering Stabilizer, Dark Windshield, Frame Sliders.

Comment

will do..
                    I figured Kevlar was Kevlar until I actually went to buy it.. Turns out there are a ton of mixes and weaves..

Oh and Kevlar thread needs to be used of course!

Comment

I wear my Timax textile jacket (great on windy days, excellent air flow) riding pants (Icon jeans- very comfy, Timax pants when just riding- also excellent air flow) and Timax gloves. The Timax stuff is supposed to be like leather and slide but hopefully I wont find out. All of it very comfortable, but have never tried leathers so I cant compair. For shoes I wear my Oakley Assult boots for school, and Sidi boots for riding.
                      Nik
                      88 Katana GSX600F, 19k miles, Total Custom- Soon to be revealed!!!!!!!

Comment

I have thought long and hard on it and have decided that I can not rationalize wearing anthing other than leather.
                        I am not judging anyone elses decisions!!
                        This is just my own personal one.

I have found a dirt cheap leather/kevlar jacket
                        online that a friend personally looked at/felt etc.
                        It is leather with kevlar panels in the non-abrasion zones... (I'm not telling you anymore than that!
                        I can't afford it yet and I don't want anyone buying it out from under me

you can buy the inserts for Joe Rocket pants and stitch in knee pucks.
                        TDA Racing/Motorsports
                        Who knows what is next?

Comment

Summer: Joe Rocket Phoenix jacket and gloves, Blaster ventilated pants and Nitro boots.
                          Winter/Rain: Joe Rocket Ballistic pants, gloves and jacket, waterproof jump boots.
                          And always a helmet.

Comment

if i'm just out for a cruise or if it's real hot, JR Reactor jacket,JR leather gloves,AStars boots, jeans, helmet. if i think i'll be riding hard, full leathers. this reminds me, i need to order some draggin jeans...

Comment

Full leathers all the time.

I have ridden short hops here and there (meaning several times total over the 5 most recent years) in jeans, leather jacket, helmet gloves and boots, but it's nearly always full gear for me.

If we ever reach the point where we can't openly discuss riding bikes on acid without even a modicum of civility, then the terrorists have won.

HORSE BANG!!! ........props to *GP*

Official coefficient of friction test dummy

Comment

Working...
                              X