X

so im thinking about a leather racing suit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so im thinking about a leather racing suit

Okay, the 411 is down here in louisiana i won an auction to use the road track at no problem raceway for 2 hours. it was good for up to 5 vehicles. well, i extended the offer to my firebird camaro club and got 4 other people. My poor firebird is far from road ready so im thinking about racing the bike for the first time, BUT to do so, I need full leather and boots. Now i really do not have the money to spend on expensive leather and chances are i might do this once and never again so im looking to get out CHEAP. I was looking on ebay for used gear and came across this,

Its $200 which is really cheap for leather suits, But for a one time use its close to what id wanna spend, maybe after I could throw it up on ebay and get half my money back, what do you guys think?

so by the lack of responses im guess we dont have any road track racers on this board

Comment

We have plenty. My guess is that no one is familiar with that particular suit. For $200 I'd expect to "Get what you pay for".

on a side note it looks like a x-men wolverine costume
      Katriders.com, we've got dumb answers!

Comment

It doesn't appear to be a 'bad' deal, it's just not a recognizable brand. For $200 you really can't go wrong though.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
        You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

what's your budget? IronPony in ohio had fieldsheer 2 pc suits on for $349.

no idea what shipping to you would cost but It should be under $400 I'd assume.

SgtJimbo just picked up one of these and had good things to say about it. yeah it's 2x the amount but it's from a known Company and not no name ebay stuff.
          Kyle

Comment

haha x men suit nice!!! that just made it that much cooler to me hahah, thanks.

Yeah i know its a no name brand and ya get what ya pay for, 200 is CHEAP. LOL ill let yall know what i decided. Ive still gotta finish painting the bike!

Yeah that fieldsheer is a known name brand. My budget is cheap LOL. this is basicly gonna get used one time. I doubt ill be on the road course again. Just got lucky and won this auction and since my car isnt ready I figured why not try the bike. Ive never done road racing on a bike before so I didnt want to invest a ton since id probably not do it again any time soon.

okay the more I look at that fieldsheer the more i like it, esp at that price
            Last edited by Stinger02; 07-30-2009, 11:30 AM.

Comment

your ebay suit looks fine, and for $200 that seems like a deal to me

Comment

What is your time frame for needing the suit?

If by end of summer or so you might want to give this a look: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=100225

Quality suit for around 375. This is where I am looking to go...
                I am a Penn State fanatic.
                Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Comment

It would be a suit that I'd be interested in. If only to coordinate with my bike...

Take a Spin With The KR Mascot...
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdjHBFbMAWE

Comment

it all depends on how much you think your skin is worth. that suit might tear like a piece of paper for that price. dont expect it to be great
                    Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
                    Current Bikes:
                    1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
                    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

they have some good looking stuff .. it dont have to say joe rocket to be top notch... as long as the stiching is good it may be good . i looking at Leather up.com in vegas , where are they ?

Comment

Working...
                      X