X

Zipper wax

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zipper wax

Okay , first off , I'm not sure WHERE this thread SHOULD go , but since it pertains to my gear ....
    The zippers on my saddlebags have been giving me some grief the last few weeks (sticking and jumping track) , and after riding in all that rain last week , the zippers on my leathers are squeeky and kinda stiff , so Cyberpoet tells me about something called "zipper wax" . Couldn't find any , but he DID tell me that candlewax or chapstick might work just as well . So what could it hurt , I'd only be out $.89 and a few minutes if it don't work .... Well , it turned out to work okay ! Smeared some chapstick on the zippers and worked them for a minute , and they lossend right up . Everything works well once more . So if your zippers start to suck , a little chapstick might just do the trick . Thanks , Goog ..... I mean , Cyberpoet !
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Never would have thought of that one. Great idea. Wax is wax.

Comment

just be careful who's watching when you wax the zipper on your pants!

Comment

what flavor do you use? and should i use medicated???!!!!

Comment

I used the regulor non-flavored one , and I took my pants off first to make it easier . Got some wierd looks from that old lady , though . :-k
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Thats cyber for ya, I guess he left out the part about not taking your pants off in public before you clean them!!

Great idea, thanks for the info, I'd have never guessed that either.

Comment

It's just a matter of time before SweetLou finds this post... Tik Tok Tik Tok.
              I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death. - George Carlin

Join the Zietgeist Movement
              http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3847743189197#

Comment

I have also heard that running a pencil up and down the zipper will help lubricate it. It makes sense being the pencils are made out of graphite.

Comment

The pencil trick works, I've used it before.
                  R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

I always ask her to use chap stick before touching my zipper LMAO

bar soap works too but I am not Cyber LOL
                    TDA Racing/Motorsports
                    1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                    Who knows what is next?
                    Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                    Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

The zipper wax thing I learned in the army... and you can often find zipper wax at army-navy surplus stores. The reason the military uses it is two fold: to quite zippers (no giving away your position) and moreover, so zippers don't freeze shut in sub-zero temps (every try getting an artic parka off when the snow thawed and then froze a zipper shut?).

Stick candles work ok, chapstick works a little better. Chain wax ought to work too, but I'd be concerned about over-spray...

Cheers
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Graphite for car locks works as well.
                        You can have my Kat when you pry my cold dead butt from upon it.

Comment

My mom used to have a stick of Zipper Wax...
                          30 years ago!!
                          She never throws anything away..
                          I'll ask if she still has it..

Comment

is there any problem that this group can't fix? I say no!

Walter Sobchak: You know, Dude, I myself dabbled in pacifism once.

Comment

Can you use petroleum jelly instead of wax?
                              "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

Working...
                              X