Alright, so I need a new helmet...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alright, so I need a new helmet...

Alright, so I need a new helmet. (Department of redundancy department),

and would like some advice after I read that thing on not snell vs snell safety.

I currently have a CS-12 VON Breaker from HJC, and am really happy with it. But, It got dropped, kicked, and rolled down a hill, so its time for a new one. I found a few that I like in the 100-200 dollar range (i would prefer 100 to 150), but I wanted to know if any of you have had experience or advice in the area. This is, afterall, my second helmet purchase. Also, if you guys know a cheaper place to get a helmet, feel free to post it, and if you know of any other great helmets in that price range, fell free to give me a linky.

The first, is the Scorpion EXO-700 Fury, ~199

Second, is an AVG Modular Helmet, ~153

(If I got this helmet, I would have a friend airbrush it to make it more perty)

Icon Primary Alliance Helmet ~119

(Same as above with the painting thing)

And finally, the Vega Nitro Helmet ~159

Any advice? Questions? Comments? donations? Donations would be really nice (for a poor wittle cowlege student). Paypal to [email protected]. But, Uh yeah.

Thanks,
    Crackshot

What about the HJC CL-14? That is a nice helmet.

Comment

I have a 03 Model AGV Demon Top that I will sell you for $50 plus shipping so total would only be about $60.
      www.mopowersports.com

Comment

I bought a pair of Vega Altura's, and love them. Want the Nitro's now since I seen them about a month ago. You may check out globalmarketplaceLLC.com . They have decent prices on helmets....that's where I bought the two of mine. Usually throw in two visors per helmet, and free shipping.
        2002 R1
        Yoshi TRS exhaust, Undertail, Ohlins Steering Stabilizer, Dark Windshield, Frame Sliders.

Comment

Originally posted by HS2020
          I have a 03 Model AGV Demon Top that I will sell you for $50 plus shipping so total would only be about $60.
          I appreciate the offer, but I think I want a strait from the box '05 helmet. And yeah, I thought about the CL-14. Looks nice

Comment

find motorcyclists june rag - it has a review of helmets & a great write up - it's suprizing how well some of the cheap models work really well.

if you can't find it i can try and scan it

tim

Comment

I have a Scorpion EXO400 and I really like it. It actually scored better than the EXO700 safety-wise in the big helmet roundup link that's been going around. I'm not sure if that means anything to you. I temporarily used a used Bieffe and borrowed a Shoei for the MSF course. My helmet is much, much nicer than both of these (although mine is new and these were not). I'm not saying you have to buy this helmet, but I'm letting you know that it's really nice and keep it in consideration. Read customer reviews on each helmet (see Google).

Comment

Try them all on and go with the one that fits the best. After
                the article, I'm more confused now. I was always a snell and Arai
                person, but who knows any more. I think the one that is the most
                comfortable is the one to go with. I think all those will protect you
                fine. My 2 Cents
                'Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose and sometimes it rains" !

Comment

I used to run an Arai Qunatum/s until it just got too old. (Mfg date= 11/92). IT cost over $500 when new, but it was worth every penny of it!

I now run a Shoei X-11. http://www.shoei-helmets.com/solids/solidsxeleven.html

Again, over $500 and again, well worth it!

I figure it this way: I have one head, and its priceless. I will not ride with anything less than the best. NO CHEAP HELMETS for me! You get what you pay for! You have a $100 head, use a $100 helmet..............
                  I've owned over 70 Katanas - you think I know anything about them?
                  Is there such a thing as TOO MANY BIKES?
                  Can you go TOO FAST on a bike?
                  Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

I have the HJC CL-14.....pretty inexpensive and pretty good quality....

Comment

Well, I went with the Scorpion EXO-700. Looked like the best bang for the buck for me. Thanks for your advice, guys!

Comment

did you get the blue one?

Comment

yeah, and actually I got the Blue Geronimo, because we all know that though yellow is the fastest, Blue is the most stylish .

Now I just have to decide whether or not I want a blue visor, a chrome visor, or just plain black, *grin*.

Comment

Originally posted by wilson1
                            I bought a pair of Vega Altura's, and love them. Want the Nitro's now since I seen them about a month ago. You may check out globalmarketplaceLLC.com . They have decent prices on helmets....that's where I bought the two of mine. Usually throw in two visors per helmet, and free shipping.
                            The vega's are very good lids. I have also and so does Taz. For the money, u just cant beat them, and they are pretty comfortable too.

Comment

Just a little food for thought on your Scorpion. They work really well! See pic from last weeks ride and subsequent lowside!
                              Attached Files
                              Chase

Comment

Working...
                              X