No announcement yet.
X

Gear?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What i really don't understand are the riders who have helmets, firmly locked onto the side of the bike. Just put the blasted thing on your idiot head!
    ~Rachel

Hope, like the gleaming taper's light,
    Adorns and cheers our way;
    And still, as darker grows the night,
    Emits a brighter ray. ~Oliver Goldsmith (1730 - 1774)

What doesn't kill me, makes me stronger.

Comment

Back when I first started riding (in Simi Valley where the OP is from) I used to ride all the time without a helmet, in just shorts, a wife beater, and tennis shoes. Only wore a helmet if I was going to be in a lot of traffic, or when racing at the drag strip. Now I always wear a helmet unless I'm just taking a quick test run up and down the street in front of the house, and usually wear jeans and a leather jacket, along with gloves and boots.
      John,
      '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
      sigpic

Comment

I always wondered the same thing wife.... Why an idiot would buy a $800 Arai helmet and then stick it on the side of a bike is beyond me. Maybe they think it looks cooler. IDK. They look like morons to me
        Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
        Current Bikes:
        1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
        2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

Out driving around this weekend and only saw ONE rider with a jacket and helmet.

Comment

Originally posted by RossW View Post
            I was riding a couple weeks ago and pulled up alongside two bikes at a red light. Both guys were wearing shorts and t-shirts and they were both riding two up with the girls wearing miniskirts and tube tops. When they saw me in full gear they looked at me like I had two heads. I don't know about them but I like my skin where it is (namely on my body).

I actually have seen surprisingly few bikes so far this season (granted I do most of my riding in the city and on the highway) and I'd say it's been about 50/50 with the gear.
            Chicks on bikes, wearing miniskirts and tube tops are easy...

Sorry. Carry one.
            "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

Was on the way home from work yesterday just kind of cruising along on the Kat when I get passed by a H-D and Goldwing. Both bikes had couples on them. Both couples were dressed for road rash.

H-D couple - he in jeans and no sleve shirt, beanie helmet, jeans and canvas sneakers. She in jeans, no closed heel shoes, and bikini strap top and even less of a helmet.

Goldwing couple - He in designer jeans, some type of sneaker, no shirt and a brain bucket. Her in jean shorts, flip-flops, sleeveless t-shirt and brain bucket.

Neither couple were wearing gloves. Traffic was a little heavy so I was running with the flow about 65mph (speed limit) and they were weaving in and out of traffic like squids. Had to shake my head at these couples.
              If you enjoy the freedom to ride, if you enjoy the freedom to ride anywhere you want, Thank a US Military Vet. THANKS FOR SERVING!!!!

Comment

I'm going to start wearing my gear to softball. I have some wicked road rash on my left thigh.

Comment

All i can say is just be gald its not ur *** riding like that. Yes it bad when a biker goes down but when he or she does not wear the right stuff stupidity is its own reward.
                  Gravity works 100% of the time.

Comment

Sorry, but I value my skin and my life a lot more than a motorcycle crash. Wearing jeans on city riding is the only risk I take. Plus, I look cool as **** in my RC-1 Aplinestars jacket. Heheh. Women love the leather, but most importantly my wife does : )
                    Car please stop wasting my time and use your blinker!

Comment

I don't know how people can ride without a helmet (in Canada it is the law), especially on a sport or street bike. Even if you brush the head injury issue aside, I've been scrapping more bug guts off my visor than I thought possible. I guess some people like the protein. Personally I've never ridden without my Jacket and Helmet nor will I ever, I've never worn shorts. But I am guilty of riding in jeans and running shoes every once in awhile.

Comment

Working...
                      X