X

I tried out being a squid.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I tried out being a squid.

Today I was late for work and opted to go on with just a pair of safety glasses instaed of the full jacket, pads, helmet and gloves.

Boy what a difference it is. Granted I only work about 4 miles from home, it fealt really weird without my gear on. Now I am a new rider (this is my first season) but I felt really naked without my gear. I have been looking into a mesh jacket for riding, but after this experience I dont think I will ever run without my gear again.

Even on my way to work I saw lots of harley riders with helmets on and I couldnt even look them in the eye because I felt shamefull. Every other day I pass a harley rider wearing shorts and a tshirt and today of all days I ran into every biker with a helmet in this town.

Point of the story, being a squid is pretty lame now that I have experienced it.

Riding without gloves drives me insane.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
      SAME HERE!!! ive been wearing just a helmet jeans and boots lately and my friends ask me why im wearing gloves w/ no jacket... it just feels weird without them in between me and the controls.

Comment

Yea, the extra padding with the gloves is ultra nice.

Comment

I can't ride without gear, drives me nucking futs. It's just a must do thing now.
          Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
          Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
            Same man, no gloves just doesn't feel right

Comment

I would be scared to ride around this town with these crazy drivers without helmet melon vs road I don't wanna go there
              sigpic

Comment

ive relinquished myself to the fact that i will probably have SEVERAL more times going down, so its going to be with gear, and not hurt like the last three times lol.

Comment

Originally posted by ADyingBreed View Post
                  ive relinquished myself to the fact that i will probably have SEVERAL more times going down, so its going to be with gear, and not hurt like the last three times lol.
                  LOL!

Im in the military so we are required to wear all the gear... helmet, gloves, shoes/boots etc basically all skin needs to be covered by some sort of protective riding gear.

Comment

what makes me laugh is the fact that this is your first year riding and you chose to ride w/o gear. dangerous thing to do. u still learning the basics of the motorccyle
                    Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
                    Current Bikes:
                    1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
                    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

Saw a guy today.... Honda 929, Guy in front, shorts, tennis shoes, sunglasses.... all he had, no gloves, helmet or shirt! Girl on back, tennis shoes, shorts and a tank top.... thats it.
                      Originally posted by arsenic
                      93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

I recommend the mesh jacket. It's awesome for the warmer weather.

Comment

Originally posted by Edbean View Post
                          SAME HERE!!! ive been wearing just a helmet jeans and boots lately and my friends ask me why im wearing gloves w/ no jacket... it just feels weird without them in between me and the controls.
                          Same for me, just doesn't feel right at all
                          2007 Honda CBR600rr
                          2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                          sigpic

Comment

Nakid, I say, nakid if I don't wear all the gear. Now that I have my daughter interested in riding, I have to also be a good example.

Comment

every single person I have seen riding two up doesnt wear any kind of gear...I would feel so bad if the person riding with me got hurt..I dont understand how others wouldnt.

I wont let anyone on the back of my bike. I put a cargo net on the back usually and say theres no rear seat

Comment

Working...
                              X