X

saddle bag q's

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• saddle bag q's

okay i'm trying to be cheap and turn a couple of shoulder bags into saddle bags...
    got a few q's in general. how close to the exhaust is too close? obviously you don't want it to be touching, when i put the handle s under the seat the bag is about an inch or so form the pipe, i'm affraid that i'll cook the bag and whatever is in it...
    which brings me to Q2 with most soft saddle bags do you just throw them over the seat or do you put them under?
    tried searching couldn't find anything like this so any help would be greatly appreciated.. i'll take some pics when i get some batteries for the cam...

lets see if this works

under the seat

under the seat

over the seat

over the seat

Comment

I put mine under the seat. The main strap under the seat, the front strap under the seat connected to the bags on the other side. And the rear strap connected to the tie down rails.

Dan had a better Idea IMHO of screwing in the straps to the plate bracket(they had a gromet), that way you just connect them to there and they add some lift to keep the bags off the pipe.
      Kyle

Comment

Sometimes mine sit right on the pipe , but they have the heat shielding on the bottom , so that helps . Just be careful what you put on the bottom with those . I mount mine kinda both over AND under the seat (two sets of straps) .
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

thanks guys i think i'm gonna pick up some bungee cords today, mount the bags under the seat and use sthe cords to pull them up and out a little bit to keep em of fthe pipe and just from swaying around in the twisties. we'll see how it goes lol.....

Comment

You can kinda get an idea how mine are mounted in this pic (and gives me a chance to show off ) . These bags have one set of velcro straps that I have over the seat , and another set of straps with clips that are supposed to attach to a tailbag , but I have them clipped to each other and run under the seat for extra sticky-fingers protection . With a little weight in them (as I usually have) , the bungee cord helps just enough to keep the bags off the pipe by a couple inches .
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Hey Medic, did these end up working out for you?
              - Bakken (Bah-Kin)

-----------------------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
              X