No announcement yet.
X

Scorpion Helmets

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think I'm about to get one of the 700's that's on closeout at NewEnough. I don't care too much about the graffics. I just want something that is cheap and safe.

Edit: Take that back, I just realized they don't have any in my size.
    Last edited by ottoguy; 06-24-2009, 09:20 AM.
    1993 Kat 600 & 1999 Kat 750

Comment

just watch out for the chin vent... it breaks very easy... i have the sublim 2xl lid... i am also a 7 3/4 hat size.... and it tends to whistl while u ahve the chin vent open with the lens proped up with the lever

Comment

Look at the new exo-900 it is the best of all worlds like three helmets in one.

Comment

If anyone's interested, NewEnough is clearing out two EXO-700's. $109... dat's cheap.
          "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

Budget cuts have forced me to stick with my Shark for a while...hell..maybe by the time I'm able to afford one, the price may even be lower.....but....by that time..there will probably be a better helmet than that one on the market and I will want that one.....lol...its almost like computers and technology...its good one month..then there is something better next month..hahahahahahahaa....

thanks for all the feedback from the guys who have the 1000...it was helpful.
            -2006 Suzuki Katana 600
            -Yoshimura Carbon Fiber RS-3 Zyclone
            -DynoJet Stage 1 Jet Kit
            -K&N Hi-Flo Air Filter
            -Fender Eliminator
            -ProGrip EVO 725 Race Grips
            -Upgraded Front Sprocket
            Stage 3 Jet is coming soon..I'll let ya know.

Comment

LOVE MY EXO-1000, Have had absolutely no problems! Took a spill the other day, Helmet held up great, Felt nothing... Came down pretty hard on head too. Fits my head better than any others i've tried, and makes my Icon domain seem cheap in comparison. And I liked the Icon alot!

Also... little off subject, but i grabbed a Power trip (leather) from newenough for $79. Held up great as well, If you dont like the Patches, you can remove them, and have a solid black, leather, with good features and hell of a value. Just fyi for anyone in the market.. Stay safe! Bless!
              SAV

Head up, eyes open... always!!!
              Be... and be not afraid.

Comment

I have the EXO 700, it fit really snug in the shop, but I've found the road noise to be horrible. On the highway I can barely hear my bike. Having the Pump feature for the sides would have helped a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by GytRDunKat View Post
                  The flip down visor is a whole new level of Cool! I feel like Maverick flying an F-14 with it down, 'cept I don't have a ninja. That, and I can look at bewbies with no one noticing

I do find the inner visor is a pita to clean. It's my own fault though, because I like to drive at slow speeds with the outer visor up, so people can see the inner one. Wow, I'm vain - never mind I tend to pick bugs up on it.
                  I do the same thing. Usually because I can put my face sheild up in heavy traffic to get lots of good airflow, but leave the visor down to have eye protection, but partly to look cool

Oh, I've got the HJC Sy-Max II, not a Scorpion. I just wanted to comment on how sweet it is to have a built-in visor.

Comment

I've had my EXO-700 CrackHead helmet for a while now. I love the way it fits as well as its style. My girlfriend is wanting to ride with me and learn to ride so I took her shopping to try on helmets the other day. Of all the helmets we tried on, the Scorpions tied for first place with her.

Comment

I have an exo 700 crack head as well. Personally I hate the ****** thing, I go on fairly long rides and it kills my forehead. I tried on every helmet at the dealership and got talked into this one. If any one is interested in buying this helmet let me know. I build a medusa helmet instead and it works much better. The exo is in pristine shape with a mirrored visor. ANy takers, let me know.

Comment

Brian, what size and which helmet? What do you want for it?

Comment

reeseleblanc, its an xl exo 700 crack head. Make me an offer

Comment

Working...
                          X