No announcement yet.
X

Is mesh/textile good enough?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anyone suggest a all mesh jacket that is in big sizes and cut bigger than normal..i wear a 4XL in Joe Rocket..I got the reactor 2.0 and it fits good. Just as snug as I need it..the 3 Xl fit good but was just a tad too tight. I am looking for a all mesh one since the rocket one is a textile half and half..still too hot here in central california..mesh will work for me during the summer..

thanks in advance...also looking to get some suggestions on a tank bag for a 06 Kat 600...i been needing one..
    -2006 Suzuki Katana 600
    -Yoshimura Carbon Fiber RS-3 Zyclone
    -DynoJet Stage 1 Jet Kit
    -K&N Hi-Flo Air Filter
    -Fender Eliminator
    -ProGrip EVO 725 Race Grips
    -Upgraded Front Sprocket
    Stage 3 Jet is coming soon..I'll let ya know.

Comment

I bought a Joe Rocket Phoenix 4.0 used on EBay. It was in like new condition, and I paid $70 for it. Unlike the 5.0, the 4.0 is totally mesh. With a tee shirt under it, it lets through enough air to feel like nothing but a tee shirt. It might be tough to find a 4X, but I'm sure they made them. Good luck.

Comment

I wear a Nitro that's full mesh and keeps me cool. Has a zip out liner of decent quality so it will cover down into the 60's pretty easy without having to layer up.

Bought it off another member here for $50 bucks. Deals are out there if you look for them. Would I like full leather or something that's not black for better visibility? Sure. But I've gotten a year out of my fifty and think I did pretty good for it.

BTW, StreetDeamon saw some brand new Nitros on sale from a motorcycle salvage place in Ottawa Ks. the other day. I went into their shop and they actually carry a decent amount of gear. You might want to google them up and see what you can find. I've had good luck with the brand.

Regards,
        ND

Comment

Thanks I will check eBay out to see if I can find anything in my size..It sucks cuz I usually only wear 2XL in shirts but they way most motorcycle gear is cut its still kinda small for me..im pretty broad shouldered and stocky so I dont really like to have my gear super snug..just doesnt feel good..the size I got in the Rocket jacket is good enough..so I will scope for one..thanks again.
          -2006 Suzuki Katana 600
          -Yoshimura Carbon Fiber RS-3 Zyclone
          -DynoJet Stage 1 Jet Kit
          -K&N Hi-Flo Air Filter
          -Fender Eliminator
          -ProGrip EVO 725 Race Grips
          -Upgraded Front Sprocket
          Stage 3 Jet is coming soon..I'll let ya know.

Comment

you have to ask yourself how much is it worth? getting your skin back that is. where something to cover your body, anything.

Comment

I've always bought all my stuff from www.Motorcyclecloseouts.com

Partly because they have an actual building within 10 miles from me, so I can actually go there. But mostly it's because they have some great prices.

I've always worn mesh jackets in the summer, and gone down in one. The jacket was trashed, but it was only $70. My skin was perfectly fine, not even a scratch (55 mph crash). At $70, I would have to wreck 3 times before a nice leather jacket paid for itself, and they're hotter in the first place! if you crash, just throw the jacket out and buy a new one....you'll still be loads cheaper than a leather one.

Really, the whole point of mesh is just to hold the armor in place. I wouldn't want to go racing with a mesh jacket, but for normal street riding, it's offered me great protection, and saved my skin in the wreck that I've had. Not bad for $70.

Comment

Leatherup.com

Best prices i have seen.

Comment

I have a textile from Joe Rocket. Here is FL its hot as HeXX. I brought a mesh jacket its a little bigger and alot cooler. Could someone please come up with a nice pretty jacket for the Diva bikers? I want to be safe and sexy not safe and look like a dude!
                  2001 GSX 750-F Katana

"Greeneyedream"

Comment

I have the Joe Rocket Mesh, I know I don't live where some of you guys get the "Real" heat but I do see 37c often in the summer. I am glad I have the ability to take the sleeves off or the body of the jacket and still feel pretty safe. That being said any gear you wear hitting a solid object like a car or pole isn't going to save you just keep all your parts together.
                    Always take the scenic route

Comment

Originally posted by kidblooper View Post
                      ... for most bail and fall offs ...
                      I think we should adopt the term "fail and bail."
                      "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

fail and bail ! i like that pretty funny.
                        textile is good i like to use during the summer i save the leathers for the cold
                        shiny side up, at least when I'm not doing a barrel roll

Comment

all ive ever used is textile, even in this humid louisiana climate. Its HOT but its gonna save my *** one day

Comment

I only have textile. Cortech GX Air 2, supposed to be one of the best breathing jackets available. There is no way you're going to get me in leather, too hot around here.
                            I am King Sam

--I have a wedgie!
                            --It's a thong, just relax and accept the string.

Comment

I like mesh and textile combination for the summer. Most come with armor and are comfortable. I have not sprung for perforated leather, but probably will some day.
                              What used to scare me is now only mildly interesting

Comment

Working...
                              X