X

Leather Jacket suggestions??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leather Jacket suggestions??

I'm lookin for a decent-nice leather jacket to buy. I just bought my 96 kat, but had an 82 GPz and just used a cheap fake leather jacket because i wasn't riding to serious. I know i will be riding for the rest of my life and im young (20) so i want something to put some miles into. I know the name brands and so far i kinda like the fieldsheer and tourmaster jackets..Oh and did i mention it HAS to be LEATHER.. I live in central PA so i got coldcold mornings and hot days, so it needs to have a removable liner. I came across this jacket and fell in love... http://www.tourmaster.com/xcart/cata...et-p-62_5.html

Any suggestions or comments about this jacket or any other would be great!!

I just got the Power Trip leather Jacket from new enough, I highly recomend this jacket. If they have it in your size you will not regret getting one, for the price you can't go wrong. real leather riding jacket..
    Wow... what a a great closeout deal on a full featured leather sport jacket! This jacket is essentially the same quality and design of Joe Rocket's best...

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

I recently got a Joe Rocket jacket from New Enough. I like it quite a bit. It has a removable liner, plus the entire under arm area zips out to mesh for venting. You have to see the pictures for it to really make sense. That's a bit of an ordeal, but it's worth it. And with the vents covered it's plenty warm. No complaints.

Here's a link:
      The Blaster 3.0 is a nicely styled leather sport jacket with a twist--it's made with textile panels down the inside of the sleeves and the sides of the...

Comment

Originally posted by ZukiFred View Post
        I just got the Power Trip leather Jacket from new enough, I highly recomend this jacket. If they have it in your size you will not regret getting one, for the price you can't go wrong. real leather riding jacket..
        http://www.newenough.com/closeouts/b...le_jacket.html

i like to looks of it and the price is crazzy..is that mesh from the armpit to the forearm?

Comment

I just got a shift jacket from motorcyclecloseouts.com and it is an Awesome jacket, feels great, has great armor....for $150+shipping which was only $10!

I definately recomend this site!

EDIT:

heres the exact jacket!

Motorcycle Closeouts has Insane Discounts on top-quality helmets & apparel for street, MX, ATV, UTV and bicycle. 5 Star Guarantee. E-Z Returns. Free Shipping.

Comment

basically all of the above are good choices .. the key to buying any moto gear is trying it on
            most clothes all have a slightly different cut so you need to find what fits you best .. then you worry about other bells and whistles included with the jacket
            so many roads so little time

Comment

Originally posted by eviilil0ne View Post
              basically all of the above are good choices .. the key to buying any moto gear is trying it on
              most clothes all have a slightly different cut so you need to find what fits you best .. then you worry about other bells and whistles included with the jacket

motorcyclecloseouts.com have some really nice jackets for cheap..One sugested to try some one n find one that fits my form before i buy, but I have never seen or heard of a place that has riding jackets. Yes there are some moto stores around like cernics,barnharts, you typical moto dealership, but they I have only see them carry textile jackets not leather. I'd hate to buy one off the internet and dislike the feel of it.. I'm about 5'10" and 165 lbs, i fit in med-large clothing so i think a large jacket will fit like a glove?

Comment

Originally posted by Maslonik View Post
                i like to looks of it and the price is crazzy..is that mesh from the armpit to the forearm?
                Not mesh but a breathable material that I think is a bit stronger than mesh.

Comment

Originally posted by ZukiFred View Post
                  http://www.newenough.com/closeouts/b...le_jacket.html
                  I have the same jacket, and I think that it is great. Heavy leather, and removable liner. Only thing is that the sleeves are a little long.
                  Semper Fi
                  1 Mar Div 3rd LAR BN (01-05)

Comment

Originally posted by eviilil0ne View Post

That is one thing I like about New Enough, They normally have a pretty good write up on the product to indicate if it is good for warm, cold or hot climates as well as to weather the product runs normal, smaller or larger to standard sizing.
                    Also don’t forget to Donate a dollar at check out towards KatRiders.com, This is where we get the gift certificates that we give out at the rally and around the Holidays..

Originally posted by jimwag81 View Post
                    I have the same jacket, and I think that it is great. Heavy leather, and removable liner. Only thing is that the sleeves are a little long.
                    It's not the sleeves, Your arms are just too short..
                    Last edited by ZukiFred; 06-12-2009, 06:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

This is the jacket I got over a year ago. I don't use the liner (it was very tight with the liner) in the winter. In the summer it is hot if you are in the city in stop and go, but on the highway it breathes fairly well. I still get hot, but I don't really mind.

sigpic

Comment

i'm an alpinestars fan.. ya they're a lil costly and not really worth the extra cash.. but if your gonna be riding the rest of your live. get something that will last

Comment

I swear by my Joe Rocket Kevlar jackets. I find leather to hot in the middle of the summer.

Comment

Working...
                          X