X

I got a question about boots.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got a question about boots.

I got a budy of mine that is willing to give me a pair of fox forma pro boots. He used them when he was off roading his dirt bike. I was wanting to know if I should get them and use them for riding on the street? They are one size to large for me but when I tighten the buckles down they feel real good on my foot. I think I may have to move my shifter lever a bit to get the boots in the right spot to upshift. I just want to get your guys oppinions on what I should do. I know they are not street boots but I was figuring anything should be better than nothing right? I know it sure beets the hell out of my work boots with a big split in the side LOL. If you guys dont think it woul be a good idea I wont get them and not adjust my shifter linkage.

You're right, they are better than nothing but they won't be as comfotable on long rides, too stiff. Plus everyone will laugh at you at bike meets. Do what you gotta do, but I'd save up for a set of street boots. Just my 2 cents worth? http://www.newenough.com/boots/sport...ycle_boot.html
    R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Originally posted by katman05 View Post
      You're right, they are better than nothing but they won't be as comfotable on long rides, too stiff. Plus everyone will laugh at you at bike meets. Do what you gotta do, but I'd save up for a set of street boots. Just my 2 cents worth? http://www.newenough.com/boots/sport...ycle_boot.html
      I agree
      If you enjoy the freedom to ride, if you enjoy the freedom to ride anywhere you want, Thank a US Military Vet. THANKS FOR SERVING!!!!

Comment

take the boots, say "thank you", sell'em on ebay, and get youself some street riding boots
        sigpic
        2008 GSX-650F / 1990 GSX-600F sold facebook

Comment

I have to say when first caught a glimpse of the title, I thought it said "I got a question about boobs."

Seriously.
          How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
          How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
          How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
          How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Originally posted by JasonChen View Post
            take the boots, say "thank you", sell'em on ebay, and get youself some street riding boots
            -
            -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

I have Nitro riding shoes and love them so much! Plus I can go to the mall, movie, dinner etc and not have to wear big boots. Pleanty of support and protection.
              Last edited by DreKat; 06-12-2009, 07:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonChen View Post
                I like the way you think Jason
                R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Thanks for all the responses. I could not wear them at all to shift so before I got to read all the comments I had all ready gave them back to him. Good thing cause the same day as I was going to see him my ratchet for my visor broke and he lent me his good helmet so I could keep riding.

Comment

Sounds like a good friend to have.

Comment

Working...
                    X