X

Led on helmets

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Led on helmets

i've seen these on ebay and even did a search and found a lite that attaches to the back of your helmet that acts as a third brake lite . does anyone use these ? i'd like to make myself as visible as possible and i'm looking for some sort of lite i can put on the back of my helmet . any ideas are welcome .

Ive heard of them, but I need a new lid anyways so im getting the GMax crusader helmet, they have built in red LEDs on the back with 3 settings ....$112-$130 most places
    sigpic

Comment

if that gmax fits your melon .. it is hella visible at night .. worth the coin instead of trying to attach something to your helmet
      so many roads so little time

Comment

+1 on the Gmax...I have the Gm68 Crusader in gray/black and I like it. It is one of the better helmets I've worn. I like it better than both of the HJC's I've had. I will soon be buying another to replace the one I was wearing when I wrecked last month. Shop around and you can get one for around $110 shipped. Mine came with a helmet bag, tinted visor, and the clear visor.

Comment

Originally posted by jday240 View Post
          +1 on the Gmax...I have the Gm68 Crusader in gray/black and I like it. It is one of the better helmets I've worn. I like it better than both of the HJC's I've had. I will soon be buying another to replace the one I was wearing when I wrecked last month. Shop around and you can get one for around $110 shipped. Mine came with a helmet bag, tinted visor, and the clear visor.

+1 I have the same thing, it was 115 at the stealership and came with the above mentioned.
          sigpic

Comment

Love the GMax. Air Conditioning for your head as well as the cool geeky LED built in.

For those of you wondering, the LEDs run on two AAA batteries. You have to unscrew the entire light unit to replace them, but the last forever. Not a huge worry. Yes, the complaints about the switch in the middle are correct. It's a bit annoying that they couldn't figure out how to mount a switch on the inside of the front chinbar. That said, the simple way around it is to turn the silly thing on prior to attaching it to your head or putting on a glove.

Construction overall is of good quality and the finish is acceptable. Frankly it's pretty nice given the price point for the lid.

Two upgrades I wish they had...
            1. aforementioned light control on the chinbar.
            2. front facing white blinking LEDs so left hand turning cages could get the benefit as well.

Comment

Webbikeworld.com named the GMAX GM68S the 2007 Helmet of the year! so if you have ever been on that site....thats definately saying something!

Comment

Hi Novell,

Just checked the website on these helmets: 19 air vents?? They look pretty slick, but aren't all those vents noisy, or prone to make the helmet bobble around? LEDs look like a great idea, though--kudos to the designers!

Originally posted by Novelldude View Post
                Love the GMax. Air Conditioning for your head as well as the cool geeky LED built in.

For those of you wondering, the LEDs run on two AAA batteries. You have to unscrew the entire light unit to replace them, but the last forever. Not a huge worry. Yes, the complaints about the switch in the middle are correct. It's a bit annoying that they couldn't figure out how to mount a switch on the inside of the front chinbar. That said, the simple way around it is to turn the silly thing on prior to attaching it to your head or putting on a glove.

Construction overall is of good quality and the finish is acceptable. Frankly it's pretty nice given the price point for the lid.

Two upgrades I wish they had...
                1. aforementioned light control on the chinbar.
                2. front facing white blinking LEDs so left hand turning cages could get the benefit as well.
                High-velocity Geek

'06 GSX750F

Comment

wow, i did'nt know about this . if i did i would've bought one . i just recently got a new lid so another one is out . i''ll see about sticking something on back there anyway and see how it looks .

Comment

i've seen these on ebay and even did a search and found a lite that attaches to the back of your helmet that acts as a third brake lite
                    as i am very very sleepy and not thinking very straight... but 3rd? what would the 2nd light happen to be?
                    2004 Katana
                    GO OWLS!!!

Comment

I've seen these. I just thought it was battery operated I didn't know it had an correlation to your actual braking on the bike. Sounds worth it..

Comment

I friend of mine had a lid with a LED on the back for snowmobiling. Its perfect for night riding especially when the sleds kick up alot of snow dust and you cant see his tail light. Im sure it would come in handy on those dark rainy or foggy nights.

Comment

Originally posted by Enjay386 View Post
                          I've seen these. I just thought it was battery operated I didn't know it had an correlation to your actual braking on the bike. Sounds worth it..
                          It's not, Enjay. The lights on the helmet just flash or stay on constant.
                          sigpic

Comment

My boyfriend and I went to Warhorse in Dunmore, PA last night, it's a bikers dream. www.nawarhorse.com

I gotcha now JDM. I was like WOW what an invention!! Lol. But they actually had those helmets with the LED built into the back of it at Warhorse. All you do it press a button to turn it on, off, or make it flash. This particular one was made my a company called GMax. He actually bought this exact one...

Seems like a good idea to me and the design is pretty cool in my opinion - it comes in pink for the ladies

Comment

Originally posted by Enjay386 View Post
                              My boyfriend and I went to Warhorse in Dunmore, PA last night, it's a bikers dream. www.nawarhorse.com

I gotcha now JDM. I was like WOW what an invention!! Lol. But they actually had those helmets with the LED built into the back of it at Warhorse. All you do it press a button to turn it on, off, or make it flash. This particular one was made my a company called GMax. He actually bought this exact one...

Seems like a good idea to me and the design is pretty cool in my opinion - it comes in pink for the ladies

That's the exact helmet I have, I like it quite a bit.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X