X

Painted visor help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painted visor help

We'll cut to the chase- i can be a bit of a geek loser at times, and dammit i want a stormtrooper helmet.

any ideas of what i can use to paint my visor and still maintain decent visibility?
    charlie was a chemist, but charlie is no more. what charlie thought was h2o was h2so4

on paint resolution...

Most I know who do a "colored, but can see through it" type of face protection, are using perforated metal painted to color, or cloth (course, so it has lots of holes to see though) of the right color over a frame or visor.

I believe there are some special order "tints" that will work for visors as well.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

i really dont have much to add.. the do make a spray on tint.. just dont know that it would work properly on a helmet.. good luck with the project, and make sure to post pics

Comment

If you have a print shop nearby, some have the perforated vinyls often used on rear window truck decals. Shouldn't be too expensive, the one near me charges a couple dollars per inch of length on a 36" wide roll for 4 color printing.

Comment

Go to www.skullskins.net. They have covers and visors skins. I have one that is close to the stormtrooper look. It is not exact but it gives you the idea. It is called "07".

I don't have the visor sticker so I can't say how it is visibilty wise.
          sigpic

Comment

I agree 100%. I think you might even be able to make custom ones if you just submit a picture. That way when you're in and out of your "nerd" phrase you don't have to risk ruining your helmet.

Comment

DOH!
              Joker
              The newest addition to the Family!
              sigpic
              stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

mmmm

Comment

Originally posted by Enjay386 View Post
                  when you're in and out of your "nerd" phrase you don't have to risk ruining your helmet.
                  phase?

always been a nerd. hardcore nerd. Just got lucky in the looks department.

when my friends were out drinking, i was programming pic microcontrollers and modding video games.

i was a computer technician at 13, and did 3d drafting on the side for cash

there are nerds, then there's me.
                  charlie was a chemist, but charlie is no more. what charlie thought was h2o was h2so4

Comment

Originally posted by Rangerx52 View Post
                    We'll cut to the chase- i can be a bit of a geek loser at times, and dammit i want a stormtrooper helmet.

any ideas of what i can use to paint my visor and still maintain decent visibility?

Bah.. .Screw them

I think it'll be Kickazz!! Depending and if yer willing.. might see ya can do one for me.. I'd pimp it like an effin rock star!
                    sigpic

'95 Kat 600 (Sold)
                    '10 BMW S1000RR (aka Black Betty)(Totaled)
                    '11 BMW S1000RR (aka Bumblebee) Shine Yellow

In ur thinky box, steeelin ur dumz

If you love something, set it free. If it comes back to you, you probably high sided.

Comment

Lucky in the looks department?! Prove it!

haha well I didn't want to call you a nerd but now that you've done it to yourself, I'm OK with that

Comment

try to restrain yourselves ladies
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hotnesssss. Careful though. Don't suffocate yourself with that plastic bag.

Comment

Working...
                          X