X

Help me tint my helmet shield....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me tint my helmet shield....

Anyone know which way I should go.... ? I wanna tint my helmet shield.. Has anybody done this or fif your helmet already come tinted? What is my first step? Please hit me up is you have any words of wisdom...

Thanks
    Only bikers know why a dog sticks his head out of a car window...

I would just recommend buying a tinted shield..what type of helmet do you have?

Comment

you can buy a tinited shield incert from fog city or Progrip!
      they just stick onto the inside of the visor
      window tint won't work, the visor flexes too much when tryin to squeegie the tint to the surface and it bubbles

i have done it before but its never turned out good, my wife has a fog city light tint visor in her Icon
      Last edited by hardlydangerous; 05-22-2009, 02:20 PM.
      98 GSX750F
      95 Honda VT600 vlx
      08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Easier to buy one. My HJC has a clear visor for nite riding and blacked out one for daytime.

Comment

definitely just buy a tinted shield. I'm not sure what florida laws are, but you can't ride at night with a tinted shield here.
          Some people are a lot like Slinkys.
          Not really good for anything, but bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Best option is to use sunglasses for daytime under a clear shield. Clear works in all light conditions as you never know when you could get caught out after dark. Many states have laws against tinted shields at night and/or anytime headlight and wipers are reqduring rainy weather

Easier to us sunglasses. I always run clear shield as you never know when you will be caught out after dark. Some states have laws about tinted shields at night and anytime that light and wipers are required on cagers.

I used tinted years ago but after a couple of close calls after dark I switched to clear and haven't ever gone back.

Just my 2 cents on this one
            Last edited by 40something; 05-22-2009, 10:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
            If you enjoy the freedom to ride, if you enjoy the freedom to ride anywhere you want, Thank a US Military Vet. THANKS FOR SERVING!!!!

Comment

Bah, I'm a big fan of flip down visors. They are a PITA to clean though.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

You could always get the best of both worlds and get a Scorpion EXO-1000. It has a drop down visor inside the helmet. I work 3rd shift so when I go to work it is dark out but on the way home it is bright and sunny. Rather than carrying an extra visor I purchased the Scorpion and have been very happy with it. Ride with the clear visor installed and in the AM I just flip the lever and drop down the dark visor. Works great. You can also get tinted visors for the outside if you want them. When I ride during the day on my off days I have a blue mirrored visor that quickly install. Just my 2 cents worth.
                "When you work on your mysterious lady part stuff, you should have the right tools, too. That's why you should use Maypax. The official tampon of NASCAR." Ricky Bobby

sigpic

Comment

i ride with a silver mirror tinted visor. i love it. if i absolutely know i'm gonna be out late, i'll bring a clear visor with me to swap. but most the time i just keep the tinted one on there. never had any trouble with it. i can still see clearly, it's a little dark, but not to where i feel i'm having trouble seeing. it's all personal preference.
                  2004 Katana
                  GO OWLS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 03blackat View Post
                    I would just recommend buying a tinted shield..what type of helmet do you have?
                    +1
                    sigpic
                    2008 GSX-650F / 1990 GSX-600F sold facebook

Comment

Originally posted by 40something View Post

I used tinted years ago but after a couple of close calls after dark I switched to clear and haven't ever gone back.
                      I carry my clear one in my bags . They also make shield socks that you are meant to actually wear .
                      Originally posted by Shipster View Post
                      You could always get the best of both worlds and get a Scorpion EXO-1000. It has a drop down visor inside the helmet.
                      I looked at those last weekend . Aside from the gimmicky factor , it seemed it'd still let LOTS of light in around the bottom & sides , which would increase eye fatigue , kinda like sunglasses that don't fit quite right , Of course , this IS just my opinion/edumacted guess , so take it as you will ....
                      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86 View Post
                        I carry my clear one in my bags . They also make shield socks that you are meant to actually wear .

I looked at those last weekend . Aside from the gimmicky factor , it seemed it'd still let LOTS of light in around the bottom & sides , which would increase eye fatigue , kinda like sunglasses that don't fit quite right , Of course , this IS just my opinion/edumacted guess , so take it as you will ....
                        I haven't ever had a problem with light coming in around it. When I ride my head is slightly tilted, so I'm actually looking more upward than just straight. Haven't ever noticed an issue with light coming through. Like I said, I really needed something due to working 3rd shift, and I didn't want to have to carry or keep changing shields every day. Overall I think it is a great helmet, IMHO. However, being a fairly new rider I don't have a lot of experience with other brands. The guy I bought my bike from included a HJC helmet with the purchase, but it had been used and I really didn't trust whether or not it had been dropped. What little experience I do have with helmets though, I really like the Scorpion.
                        "When you work on your mysterious lady part stuff, you should have the right tools, too. That's why you should use Maypax. The official tampon of NASCAR." Ricky Bobby

sigpic

Comment

eah , I just got the EXO400 , and the shield change IS pretty quick . Much quicker than my Nolan X-lite was .
                          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by 40something View Post
                            Best option is to use sunglasses for daytime under a clear shield. Clear works in all light conditions as you never know when you could get caught out after dark. Many states have laws against tinted shields at night and/or anytime headlight and wipers are reqduring rainy weather

Easier to us sunglasses. I always run clear shield as you never know when you will be caught out after dark. Some states have laws about tinted shields at night and anytime that light and wipers are required on cagers.

Just my 2 cents on this one
                            Agree with this especially after having a tinted shield. Its just a hell of a lot easier to change glasses from night to day. Motorcycle superstore has some very good wrap around glasses on clearance for 5.99 they are tops and even work great with the visor up when u need some air.

Comment

Buy a tinted shield. You wont be happy looking through a bad tint job. I like my Schuberth its got a flip down tinted shield inside the clear one. Nice on those sunny mornings on the way to work.

Comment

Working...
                              X