X

Travel Gear for a week long trip

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel Gear for a week long trip

I'd like to hear what you guys recommend in terms of travel gear for a week long trip. It'll be my first on the Katana, but I'd like to invest a little bit. I don't want to spend more than like 150/200 dollars. Hard luggage or soft luggage? How much do tank bags and soft saddlebags hold? I don't even know the brands to be honest.

If you want cheap the softside

Motorcycle Closeouts has Insane Discounts on top-quality helmets & apparel for street, MX, ATV, UTV and bicycle. 5 Star Guarantee. E-Z Returns. Free Shipping.

and

Motorcycle Closeouts has Insane Discounts on top-quality helmets & apparel for street, MX, ATV, UTV and bicycle. 5 Star Guarantee. E-Z Returns. Free Shipping.

I had these saddlebags on my kat before selling to a local kat rider in my area. Quality is good as these held up for him when tangling with a Chevy Suburban about all he was able to salvage off the bike. One note the rain covers will not fit when expanded.

If you are serious and going to do a lot of touring over the life of the bike. Go hard bags. I like the GIVI setup for the post year Kats. Look at my profile pic to see my setup. Cost was around $1,200 but worth it. I have owned a lot of bikes over ther years and had textile and leather softside and hard cases. Hard cases are the best by a long shot.

Just my 2 cents on this one
    If you enjoy the freedom to ride, if you enjoy the freedom to ride anywhere you want, Thank a US Military Vet. THANKS FOR SERVING!!!!

Comment

vbrines I like the Dowco Fastrax saddlebags I saw you asked how much I can put in them I post a pic for you last page. http://www.katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94511

Comment

No passenger? Makes it easy -- just need a dufflebag and some straps...

Cheers
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
          No passenger? Makes it easy -- just need a dufflebag and some straps...

Cheers
          =-= The CyberPoet
          True enough, been there and it works great
          If you enjoy the freedom to ride, if you enjoy the freedom to ride anywhere you want, Thank a US Military Vet. THANKS FOR SERVING!!!!

Comment

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=67413 Here are my saddle bags.

Comment

Working...
            X