X

Collett communicators

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collett communicators

Anybody out there using products from Collett communicators for bike-bike communication? My buddy sent me a link to their website recently and we've been thinking about getting something, since they look pretty freaking cool, but they're fairly pricey as well.

I did a search and found a couple posts from a few years back saying a few people were using them, but I kept getting errors when trying to send PMs about them, so I'm hoping this'll help.

Anybody have anything to say about how well they work and how reliable they are? I'd also be interested to know what model you're using.

Thanks!
    Nick www.naskie18.com Googletalk: naskie18 AIM: naskie18

Will you only be doing bike to bike or do you want to talk to a larger group of bikers at once?

If only bike to bike I woudl recomend the Chatterbox XBi2.
    I am a Penn State fanatic.
    Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Comment

Have you looked at the Scala Rider Q2's? They are also bluetooth compatible, and have the ability to pair with another Q2 up to 1600' apart. They also have a built-in FM radio, and will sync up with a phone or bluetooth capable GPS. You can find them on evil-bay for around $300.00/pair.
      2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
      2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

Originally posted by soulpatch View Post
        Will you only be doing bike to bike or do you want to talk to a larger group of bikers at once?
        I'd prefer larger groups, when I'm riding with others there's usually at least three of us.

That's one of the reasons these systems seem kinda neat, they seem to lend themselves to groups of more than two fairly well.

Comment

Jeez the price is up there. Those are more than the price of an iPhone. Are there any that are cheap and still usable that you guys are familiar with?

Comment

Batgirl and I have them. Work pretty well, no real complaints. Good battery life. Won't work with some helmets though like scorpion that have air vents on the side.
            Some people are a lot like Slinkys.
            Not really good for anything, but bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Originally posted by vbrines View Post
              Jeez the price is up there. Those are more than the price of an iPhone. Are there any that are cheap and still usable that you guys are familiar with?
              Yeah but you aint spending 60+ a month for them. Just a one time cost and you are done.

I see myself as only talking to my wife and hence I have the XBi and she will get one too.

If I were to be in a group I would get one of the other chatterbox units. I have also heard good things about scala units so I think you are good to go with either.
              I am a Penn State fanatic.
              Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Comment

Originally posted by JACKAL View Post
                Batgirl and I have them. Work pretty well, no real complaints. Good battery life. Won't work with some helmets though like scorpion that have air vents on the side.
                What model(s) do you two have? How long have you had them?

Comment

Ours are a few years old now....I think they are 900's if I'm not mistaken. Collett is an excellent company. Their Customer Service is A+ if you ever have a problem with your communicator.

We really like our communicators. The only problem we ever had was when we were doing higher speeds on the highway/expressway (120 Km +)....kinda hard to hear the other person.

I would give them an 8 out of 10
                  Start every day with a smile and get it over with - WC Fields

Comment

I sell the scala. I have not gotten my set yet but will be here soon. I think i have mine priced pretty well. The Q2 works really well from what a friend of mine told me about it. The system is really small and does not weigh anything at all. He said it works around 70-80mph with no problem. Can everything really well. He has a busa with afermarket exhaust on it.
                    www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Working...
                    X