Chaps

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chaps

So i've moved to canada from UK

And it's only normally harleys and bikes like shadows and that type i see wearing them

are they any good or would they just look wrong on a katana?

also forgot to ask anyone used the kevlar jeans wondering how good they are.
    Last edited by wilsond3010; 05-12-2009, 06:39 AM.

Chaps are ok. Zuma wears them all the time and he likes them.

I like the pants that have padding in them though. Just makes me feel better about hitting the pavement at 60 mph.

Comment

Chaps

This is an interesting topic. I am a new rider and ever since I started shopping for gear I always wondered what the purpose of wearing chaps was. I know they can offer some protection for the legs if you end up sliding on the pavement but I always wondered, why leave your rear end exposed?
      We don't stop riding because we grow old, We grow old when we stop riding!

Comment

I do wear chaps all the time. I have a VTX1300C (a current mag article called it an "aggressive" cruiser) as well as a Ninja 600. I put right at 1,000 miles a week on one of them, usually the Ninja because of gigs.

I too wondered if the cruiser type chaps would look okay on a Kat (I've had 2) and quit worrying about it the day I hit the pavement at 65+ mph, rolled, and came up with sprained ankles and road rash on my arms. My chaps protected me completely. I was riding again within a week.

I have considered a two piece racing suit, but with chaps, I can go to my gig, just keep them on all night (I wipe the big bug splashes off when I notice them) until I finally get home again. After realizing the protection they offer my legs, I feel naked if I'm on a bike without them, and therefore am not without them if I'm on the highway. They work for me.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

I like em' too I have a set of Joe Rocket textile pants also, either way its better then just denim.
          Currently Riding:
          1995 Katana 600
          V&H Exhaust
          Jet Kit

SOLD
          2003 SV650S - Orange Comet Project
          1987 XV700 Bobber
          REPO'D - 2004 Harley XL1200R

“Ill Keep Freedom, My Guns, & My Money, You Keep The Change

Comment

squids will give you a hard time being on a sportbike but i chaps and will get some in the future. screw what everyone else thinks.
            Godspeed
            CSBA #1167
            Renew your mind with God's Word and His Spirit today! Let others see you walking and living by faith! Let yesterday go! God Bless!

Comment

You should wear whatever works for you and offers protection.
              2007 Honda CBR600rr
              2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
              sigpic

Comment

+1

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Send a PM to Ed Bean. He loves chaps. Likes to keep them oiled up for longer wear.

Comment

Keith (Special$k$) use to wear chaps on his Kat.
                    Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

While I agree with wear what you want the thought of sliding down the road on my *** with only my jeans between me and the pavement is not a pleasant one.
                    Kyle

Comment

I'll 2nd that one woob....no arse protection. I personally wouldn't wear them just for that reason.
                      Start every day with a smile and get it over with - WC Fields

Comment

Originally posted by woobie View Post
                        While I agree with wear what you want the thought of sliding down the road on my *** with only my jeans between me and the pavement is not a pleasant one.
                        +2, I don't have much I need to keep what I have
                        Damn you Nicole, We will not speak of the 2012 Rally

Comment

My "man areas" tend to get cold when I ride, so chaps seem pointless to me.
                          Originally posted by arsenic
                          93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

Chaps are also used for wind protection, not just abrasion protection. I have a friend that wears his only when it's chilly out and says he never feels the cold on his legs. He man parts get warmth from the engine.
                            Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
                            -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
                            -Terence

Comment

Originally posted by Robgsxf750 View Post
                              Send a PM to Ed Bean. He loves chaps. Likes to keep them oiled up for longer wear.

HAHAHAHA - Ed likes that the azz is exposed.

Comment

Working...
                              X