X

looking for a backpack

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for a backpack

i am in the process of looking for a backpack that i can take with me to put my helmet in so i don't have to carry it in my hand all the time and has a little bit of storage for other little things too.... and no, i don't use the helmet lock cuz i don't trust anyone. was just wondering if and what everyone else uses so i can get some idea's and price ranges.

thanxs in advance

I have an ICON Urban tank bag that has back pack straps, and a "helmet carrying" function... which I've never tried.
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Ever consider a GIVI trunk? I have one along with a Manta tank bag, and find it ideal for commuting (carry a laptop in the trunk, and ez-pass in the manta). Upon arrival at work, the laptop comes out, and the helmet and tank bag go into the trunk for safe keeping. Check out twisted throttle, as they have the best prices on the brackets and trunks, or you may be able to score one cheap on flea-bay.
      2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
      2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
        I have an ICON Urban tank bag that has back pack straps, and a "helmet carrying" function... which I've never tried.
        I have it too. It actually works REALLY well, I carry my helmet around all the time in it, and the best part is that it turns into a med-large sized magnetic tank bag in about 20 seconds.

Comment

+1 on the urban tank bag .. had mine since i got my bike .. dont leave the house without it
          so many roads so little time

Comment

I ordered an Alpinestars Tech Aero Backpack and it's ETA next Monday... I'll keep you updated

sigpic
            2008 GSX-650F / 1990 GSX-600F sold facebook

Comment

i've got that. it works quite well, and is VERY reflective. works great for carrying anything you may need to carry, also carries your jacket and helmet. laptop pocket, small tool kit flap. it's pretty nifty. my only complaint is the shoulder straps seem to be spaced a tad close together, so depending on the type of collar you have, it kinda pushes it into your neck. but it's nothing serious.
              2004 Katana
              GO OWLS!!!

Comment

I have an old, beat the hell up, black Wal-Mart junk-o-matic. It's threadbare, and half the zippers don't work. I spilled coffee inside the main compartment last year and now it smells funny. The shoulder straps come loose at the sinches sometimes b/c they're shoddy plastic. So...you know....

Go Wal-Mart go...

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
                -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

Originally posted by Free Coffee View Post
                  I have an old, beat the hell up, black Wal-Mart junk-o-matic. It's threadbare, and half the zippers don't work. I spilled coffee inside the main compartment last year and now it smells funny. The shoulder straps come loose at the sinches sometimes b/c they're shoddy plastic. So...you know....

Go Wal-Mart go...
                  I'd have to agree. I use a junky promotional backpack that I got free at a career fair. Keep the shoulder straps nice and tight and you won't have a problem. I usually can't even tell that I'm wearing the bag, sometimes I have to glance over my shoulder to reassure myself that it's still there.
                  sigpic
                  »Ross Wendell
                  »1992 Katana 600, 1987 MR2 turbo, 2005 Corolla

Comment

I think chevyguy asked for a backpack that can also carry his helmet.... so walmart backpack probably won't work. (I have seen walmart "bicycle backpack" that can carry bicycle helmet, pretty sure it won't fit motorcycle helmet though)
                    sigpic
                    2008 GSX-650F / 1990 GSX-600F sold facebook

Comment

I can carry one on my backpack, but it's really uncomfortable.
                      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                      Originally posted by soulless kaos
                      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Anything can carry a helmet. A little zip cord and he's good to go.
                        >=o)
                        Seriously though, I've got an Icon bag on my list. Not the jetpack looking thing- but the daypack. I think it's got helmet carrying ability.

-Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

I bought mine a Bentley Leather
                          It was about $25 CND
                          it is not leather but had a chest and belly strap with really wide shoulder straps ( old one nearly cut circulation off when riding on highway loaded) is big enough to carry helmet and has 4 different compartments
                          Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Originally posted by diavolo View Post
                            Ever consider a GIVI trunk? I have one along with a Manta tank bag, and find it ideal for commuting (carry a laptop in the trunk, and ez-pass in the manta). Upon arrival at work, the laptop comes out, and the helmet and tank bag go into the trunk for safe keeping. Check out twisted throttle, as they have the best prices on the brackets and trunks, or you may be able to score one cheap on flea-bay.

Love my GIVI top case (trunk) and side cases. Either will hold a full face helmet and my 52 liter top case holds 2 at once and aloows me to lock them up in the case and the top case is locked to the bike. Plus allows you haul more than a tank bag/backpack
                            If you enjoy the freedom to ride, if you enjoy the freedom to ride anywhere you want, Thank a US Military Vet. THANKS FOR SERVING!!!!

Comment

Also a well liked brand- they make an r35 with a 35L capacity- should accomodate you.

Givi's are great for touring, no doubt, but (just my opinion) I don't want one on the back of the kat all the time.
                              Last edited by Free Coffee; 05-01-2009, 11:32 PM.

-Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

Working...
                              X