X

Icon Field Armor

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Icon Field Armor

I have the shin guards, and love them, never leave home without them, and for summer riding i want something other than my Leather... I don't drive Very aggressively, and most days I'm riding for maybe an hour or so around town as my mother lets me... So I'm looking at the other two parts, The vest and Arm guards... For price and it's kind of endorsed on Super bikes (Speed TV Tuesdays at 9)... So I'm looking for opinions, Worth it, or not?

Vest VVV

Arms VVV

Or reading a few reviews, I'm on the fence for this combo... VVV

Last edited by Sidney5101; 04-27-2009, 06:26 PM.
    Shiny side up, Greasy side down

save the coin and get a mesh jacket. I got a nice one for my wife a week ago for $65, it was the same one I got last season for a good bit more then that. Motorcycle Superstore had it and so did Motorcycle Closeouts, but I am not able to see them at the moment.
    Where ever, whenever I go for a ride, may I be joined by friends that have died.

RIP Cyber Poet, watch over us all Marc

Comment

If it's endorsed on Super Bikes, then odds are you're gonna look like a douche wearing it.

Oh yeah...field armor...squidly...

Save your money and buy some real gear.
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

+1 on the jacket/gear. You look way more bada$$ with a bittchen jacket than with the field armor, and it's all one piece instead of 2 arm guards and a vest. Unless you are stunting which you don't seem to be
        Let's go riding!

Comment

Damn mom...

Comment

LOL @this.....I always wear my shin and vest armor all the time but never without my jacket or pants
            sigpic

Comment

asshattery. m/c is a fashion statement, you get safety fashion, and you get squid fashion, you sir are looking at a squids take on safety, with no fashion.

Comment

Thanks guys... And since then I've found this number

Looking for a take on this one, Cause The field armor just seems like the worst idea I've had in a long time...
                Shiny side up, Greasy side down

Comment

Why don't you get real gear? You're looking at $120 "field armor" sets, so you obviously have the money for a real jacket, why not buy one instead of something that is supposed to look good first, and maybe protect you if it gets around to it.

The field armor is great if you're a stunter, falling from a stand up wheelie is no joke, you get slammed hard and the thick armor is perfect. But, if you actually ride your bike, you're seeing speed WELL in excess of 60 mph, at those speeds asphalt liquifies skin. How much do you value your skin, and how much do you know about dermabrasion?

We're only saying it because we're looking out for you man, look at some textile stuff from Joe Rocket, Teknic, A*, you can't go wrong with any of them.
                  90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                  I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                  Originally posted by soulless kaos
                  but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I got the full set. Heres the deal. dont buy them online. go into your local store and order them. i talked the local store down 60 bucks on the whole set when i went in there so they tacked off 20 for the vest and 20 for the arms and 20 for the legs. good deal and i wear mine every ride. cept when its really cold. then i wear my thick cortech jacket.
                    Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
                    Current Bikes:
                    1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
                    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

yeah, i'd say get a jacket first. i'm looking to get the vest myself, but i also have a mesh jacket that i would be wearing over the vest. my leather jacket has good back protection, but the mesh i got for summer simply has a foam pad, and since i ride highway often going to school and such, i wanna get a better back protector. but i would rather wear the jacket with no vest, then the vest with no jacket.
                      2004 Katana
                      GO OWLS!!!

Comment

Take a look at gear from some of the local suppliers, then go online to newenough.com and check their prices You should consider getting at the least a decent textile or mesh jacket, and good gloves to start with.
                        2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
                        2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

Don't mess around with gimmicks and what Jason wears on Super Bikes. Get a GOOD jacket.

Comment

Odds are you crash your not gonna be sliding down the road on you back. I have the icon hooligan mesh. my first jacket and im happy with it. Go to youtube and watch some crash footage.
                            Never be afraid of DIY. Remember, amateurs built the ark, and professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

I wear the FA knee/shin guards- they're worth it. I couldn't say whether the other stuff is any good- but it stands to reason that a good jacket will do the job of both and then some. Plus, chicks dig pi$$ed looking jackets. Sooo.

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
                              -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

Working...
                              X