X

AVG or Shoei

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AVG or Shoei

I'm in the market for a new bucket and have narrowed it down to the AGV S-4 and Shoei TZ-R

your thoughts?
    Last edited by JasonChen; 04-25-2009, 11:18 AM.
    sigpic
    2008 GSX-650F / 1990 GSX-600F sold facebook

Never tried any of the AVG's, but I am really happy with my SHOEI, it is the quietest lid I have had.

They both look sweet.
    2002 GSXF 750

Comment

AVG, it's got racing stripes.
      Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
      Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

I'll say AGV only cause I want this helmet...

Last edited by allblackkat; 04-24-2009, 03:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Take a Spin With The KR Mascot...
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdjHBFbMAWE

Comment

I'm pretty sure AVG stopped doing free updates for home users at version 8.0, lol.

I have an AGV lid and it's great, very reasonable pricing and excellent ventilation. It is quite loud though with wind noise. Some of the stitching has started to come away, but it's not in a spot where it will cause any problems any time soon.

I had a Shoei as my last helmet and it was an excellent fit and very little noise. The ventilation wasn't the best though and I had serial fogging issues with my glasses (I wear glasses to ride - either specs or prescription sunnies).

Good luck!

Comment

Try both of them on and see which one fits best. Some folks have a SHOEI-shaped head and others fit a Nolan... You're going to spend enough time with that helmet on (hopefully) that you want it to be as comfortable as possible. I've got a SHOEI RF-1000 and love it. Same for the RF-200 I had before that.
            Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
            HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

I love my AGV Q3 X-vent! great venting,very light,noise seems better then my old RF-100
              WOW! your bikes really fast! you were flying when i passed you!

xbox live= katana11
              We Will Always remember!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
                Try both of them on and see which one fits best.
                +1
                Pics
                Pics
                No pics yet
                Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

I have an AGV XR-2 race helmet.

its very loud, and the ventilation is extremely poor, my head was sweaty all winter... this has now been designated the "winter helmet" as its extremely warm, and i've gone back to my HJC FS10.

I wont be buying another AGV.

See My Garage for mods...
                  T-Rex Racing framesliders install and review thread
                  Full Post 98 LED conversion how to thread

Comment

Originally posted by JasonChen View Post
                    I'm in the market for a new bucket and have narrowed it down to the AVG S-4 and Shoei TZ-R

your thoughts?
                    I have a AGV XR-2 and a Shoei tz-r, and the AGV is junk compared the the tz-r!

The tzr is a bit more heavy but when you close the visor, the world go's away.

The agv is lighter and loud as hel!

Comment

based on looks, i'd take the agv. never used either though.

Comment

I've tried the Shoei, they are ok... quiet, yes, but not sure about the venting. I have yet to try a AGV on cuz I don't see them in the stores I visit :-/ don't really care too much about noise cuz I wear headphones (or will install speakers) they are about the same price too ($200 +/-)

decisions, decisions....
                        sigpic

Comment

My Shoei RF-1000 has fantastic venting. I can actually feel the air moving across my scalp. Of course it helps that I don't have much hair... I can close off the vents in the winter but they're difficult to mess with while wearing the helmet.
                          Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                          HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

i've never tried either but for looks i'd go with the agv

Comment

just ordered the AGV + smoked shield from kneedraggers.com, I'll post a review after few rides with it
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X