X

RST Jackets - Don't do it!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RST Jackets - Don't do it!!

In March I bought an RST "Electric" jacket from a local dealer. In short, I regret it.
    The jackets are a great concept - a mix of leather and "ballistic textile", they provide the protection that leather can give in the places that count, but with a bit more breathability & dexterity by using textile panels in the less vital areas. It's a bit warm most of the time here in Aus, so "in concept" it looked like a great idea. Hopefully another company will produce a quality product based on the same principle.
    In four months now I have had 3 of these jackets fall apart on me. The first 2 came apart along stitch lines where what appeared to be double stitching had torn away because most of the stitching had missed the material - both were less that 4 weeks old. The third has now worn through the top layer in a few places & the cuff & neck fastners have come unstitched and torn away.
    The sales guy is not gonna be happy to here what I have to say when I return for the third time!! I will not accept a replacement this time. I will require a refund.
    If you've been thinking about an RST jacket - think again.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein

Thats what happens when you pay someone 25 cents an hour in a third world country to put stuff together for some rich a$$ American or European company. They have no incentive to do quality work. I had an expensive pair of Reeboks come apart because the stitching missed the material. Guess what! They were made in China. Probably in a prison sweat shop by a guy working for food. Almost all of my Joe Rocket gear was made in Korea. They probably get paid in kimchee and rice.
    So what country was the the jacket made in?

Comment

Originally posted by Zukiman
      Thats what happens when you pay someone 25 cents an hour in a third world country to put stuff together for some rich a$$ American or European company. They have no incentive to do quality work. I had an expensive pair of Reeboks come apart because the stitching missed the material. Guess what! They were made in China. Probably in a prison sweat shop by a guy working for food. Almost all of my Joe Rocket gear was made in Korea. They probably get paid in kimchee and rice.
      So what country was the the jacket made in?
      Hmm is it any worse than paying over priced American Union workers who go on strike when they do not get there way and keep the company from making any product at all?
      Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

Sorry to hear that Redshift...

I had a Dri-Rider Dri-Mesh which I took a trip down the tarmac on. I had one arm trapped under me, and although it ate through the fabric the armour was still there to take the brunt of it.

I now have an AGVSport leather jacket (no change to pants, still wear draggin jeans). I rode with this on some pretty warm days this summer and it stands up pretty well. The only times I felt hot was sitting at those damn roadworks where they are building the new bridges on the way out from Woodford to Kilcoy. But the run from Kilcoy through to The T at the back of Glorious cooled me down

Seriously, look at something like the AGVSport leathers... they have vented areas with stretchie stuff (TM) which lets the air get in, and they also have little zips front and back you can open up to allow airflow. Takes a few rides to loosen them up, but no problems with that

The one I got was the Talon... and they are reasonably priced too.
        fulcrum (aka David)
        Blue 2004 GSX750F
        Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.--Isaac Asimov
        If you can keep your head, while all around you are losing theirs, then you probably aren't grasping the situation

Crash virginity lost: March 6th 2005

Comment

Working...
        X