Tourmaster tail bag

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tourmaster tail bag

Anyone have, seen, used one of these?

newenoughhp.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, newenoughhp.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Yeah, I bought the tailbag and sport saddlebags for the Kat (now owned by my brother in law) The tailbag was nice BP. Really well constructed, it expands about 3" on each side, so you can get enough clothes for an overnite trip or maybe a weekend if you pack light. It has a nice neoprene pad on the bottom that keeps it from sliding around on the seat. With the bungees hooked to the luggage bars, it fits really nice.

The only thing I noticed that because the kat is a little narrower at the tail end of the seat, the bag tended to want to bunch up right there. But when the bag is full, it wont do that.

I would highly recommend it. I am actually thinking of buying the same setup for the gixxer. THe nelson-rigg bag I bought for it just doesn't fit quite as well as the Cortech bag. I would desribe the Cortech bag as a great all around fits on anything bag.
    2006 GSXR 600 Gone to Gixxer heaven
    BMC Notorious 918 HT
    2007 GSXR 750

KATRIDERS SOCAL GROUP RIDE 2009

Comment

Thanks CCK, that is excellent feedback. I'm not sure if I would use it on the seat or my rack. Either way I'm kind of against tank bags and for the price this looks like a good all in one briefcase, motorcycle bag, luggage..

Thanks again!

Comment

I have the tail bag.. Like it very much. Don't care much for a tank bag either.
        "Don't taze me bro"

Comment

That looks like the one JHILDE put two 12-packs in last year at the rally
          -Steve

sigpic
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Like CenCalKat, I have the full set up (saddle bags and trunk). I love them too. very well made. They also come with water proof covers to help protect them in the rain.
            THe saddle bags have the same neoprene backing which helps protect your painted surfaces on the tail.
            I love my Kat!!
            2000 burgandy 750

Comment

Wow, thanks for all the replies guys. Looks like this is the one I want!

Glad I asked!

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
                Wow, thanks for all the replies guys. Looks like this is the one I want!

Glad I asked!
                So, it was the two twelve packs that sold you, right?
                -Steve

sigpic
                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Yes Steve, Yes it was..

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
                    That looks like the one JHILDE put two 12-packs in last year at the rally
                    Mine is the Nelson Riggs tail bag, and it was 4 six packs of long necks, 2 two liter bottles, and 4 of the ~20 oz Gatorades... almost dislocated my shoulder taking it upstairs when we got back to the houses, but the handle held up well. Bike did handle a bit different with an extra 2.8 gallons moving around in the tail.

JHILDE
                    Damn you Nicole, We will not speak of the 2012 Rally

Comment

have the trunk and saddle bags...like them both

Comment

just ordered mine
                        sigpic
                        2006 Suzuki GSX750F Katana

Comment

I also have this tail bag and really like it, though I haven't used any other tail bags to compare the 2... I rode a lot last summer in the rain and with the cover on the bag it kept everything inside nice and dry.

I do find my self using the tank bag more then the tail only because the tank bag is easier to take on and off the bike and its small enough that I don't notice the tank bag well riding. I take my bags off when the bike it parked because I live in an apartment complex and I fear someone might steal them....can't trust anyone no adays....

Comment

They should advertise the storage capacity in terms of 12 o.z. cans. Thats a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by JHILDE View Post
                              Mine is the Nelson Riggs tail bag, and it was 4 six packs of long necks, 2 two liter bottles, and 4 of the ~20 oz Gatorades... almost dislocated my shoulder taking it upstairs when we got back to the houses, but the handle held up well. Bike did handle a bit different with an extra 2.8 gallons moving around in the tail.

JHILDE
                              JHILDE - Do you have any close up pics of this set-up? I have a GIVI Voyager tank bag that is actually 3 peices that zip together. I LOVE this bag, but am looking for a tailbag / saddlebag combo for the rear.

Thanks!

Chris

Why tiptoe through life cautiously, only to arrive at deaths door safely?

Comment

Working...
                              X