X

Gunslinger & Lady Seat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gunslinger & Lady Seat

I am looking at the Corbin Gunslinger & Lady seat. Does anyone have one or know someone who does? Is it worth the money. Are there any other seat manufacturers that make something similiar or can make something for a stock seat? Please let me know......Safe Riding!!

what color is that egg yoke?
    Former Marine 3/97-3/01
    MOS 0161 Semper FI!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Woodmysta View Post

what color is that egg yoke?
      It's the fugly color. It's about as stupid looking as my dog. IMHO.

Comment

I've got one and love it. As far as I'm concerned it's a mandatory upgrade for any bike I plan to spend more than an hour on at a time. If you have problems finding one you can live with on flea-bay or you want to go with a new one contact CyberPoet. He's a Corbin dealer among other things.
        Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

All I have to say is...

Leather dye.... easy fix.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
            you want to go with a new one contact CyberPoet. He's a Corbin dealer among other things.
            I sell them new (built-to-order by the factory) as an authorized dealer, at a price that undercut's corbin's website by a bit...

I think for most riders, they are an awesome upgrade, and I've had them on all four of my Kats, as well as on a couple other motorcycles (including my current ZX-14, where the upgrade isn't nearly as significant as on the Kat). The stock seat is appropriate for anyone with a 31 - 35-1/2" inseam... It's particularly great if your proportions are such that stock seat either tries to wedgie you, or causes you to ride on your hip-bones...

But that said, if you have a particularly short inseam (under 30.5"), this seat is NOT for you. Although the seat drops you down closer to the center of gravity of the bike and spreads your weight across a much wider seating area, that wider area does mean that the stretch to the ground is about the same as for the stock seat (because your legs are wider apart). They can make a special variation of the stock seat called a nose-bob, which reduces that distance down to about 30 - 30.5", and I did just ship one with a nose-bob out to one of our guys here on KR, but I haven't seen the nose-bob myself (waiting for him to post pics). By the same token, they can also make longer in the seating area for those with particularly long inseams (say if you have a 37" or longer inseam), but it will cut into the rear-seat space for passengers.

Other stuff about the corbins specifically on the Kats worth reading:
            MotorcycleAnchor.com is an online reseller of motorcycle anchors, motorcycle security items, general motorcycle merchandise and Suzuki Katana Maintenance items.

MotorcycleAnchor.com is an online reseller of motorcycle anchors, motorcycle security items, general motorcycle merchandise and Suzuki Katana Maintenance items.

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet

__________________________________________________ ________
            CyberPoet's Katana Maintence and Upgrade Parts Offerings
            The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I have one that I found from a member on here. Best money spent for the Kat in my opinion. Have made several 800-1000 mile weekend trips with it. Ride 2-up quite a bit and she loves it. You won't go wrong. Gene

Comment

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy!!!!!

Mine's just arrived at the dealer fresh from the States (ordered 12 weeks ago before I found out that CP was a dealer).

It was BLOODY expensive going through the Oz dealer ($648 to my door) but I can't wait to get it on.

Comment

OUCH! That's a lot of money! Your bum will thank you though.
                  Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                  HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

http://http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotor...spagenameZWDVW
                    1990 Kat 750 GSXR750 cams Barnetts clutch kit Yoshimura full exhaust

Comment

Shorter, simpler URL for the same thing:

Great price (at least to start - $79).
                      Note that I can get you the same thing new for about $420 (including a third-party backrest), so don't go bonkers and bid too high...
                      Buy-it-now is $250 plus 35 shipping = $285. That is a phenomenal price if it's in "new" shape.

Cheers,
                      =-= The CyberPoet

__________________________________________________ ________
                      CyberPoet's Katana Maintence and Upgrade Parts Offerings
                      The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Marc,
                        I'm considering a Corbin for my '06 600 but I'm concerned it will actually lower my seating position. I find the current height a bit low and hard on my knees (I seldom if ever go out for less than a few hrs and frequently go for full day rides). The new seat would primarily be for my passenger to make longer rides more appealing to her but anything that's going to make my knees cramp up even more just isn't an option. Most of the reviews/writeups I've seen have been on a pre; any meaningful difference between that and the post seats?

Thanks!

Comment

The 98+ seat (96+ on the 750's) will drop you down about 3/4", although it will give you the option of moving rearward or forward more in the seating position (might make it better for you) and support your weight across the back of your thighs more (so your knees should be less loaded with weight-based stress). We can ask that they fab the seat with a raised area for the driver compared to normal construction, although I've never made that request before (I have made other special requests and all have been fulfilled, from a nose-job to make the inseam requirement lower to a cowl-like rear seat).

What you might also want to do is take a look specifically at whether you can find one the OEM Suzuki gel-seats for the Kat; these were about 1/2 - 3/4" taller than the stock seat and were made by Sergeant for Suzuki to sell under the Suzuki label. They took the stock Suzuki seat pan and foam, and then added additional foam plus gel-pads and rewrapped it in a new cover (and the whole thing was post-construction baked in an oven to set the adhesives & pull the vinyl tighter). Unfortunately, there are many bad ones out, because the first three batches out of Sergeant's ovens actually malformed the seat pans Suzuki supplied -- leaving glaring gaps between the seat and the fairings (in some cases, an inch of gap at the joint between the seat, front upper fairings and tail fairings) -- so buyer beware. They're not offered new any more, but they do show up time-to-time either here on KR or on eBay.

Cheers
                          =-= The CyberPoet
                          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I have a corbin on my 05 and compared to every other stock seat I have sat on I feel higher. I can not flat foot w/ the corbin but have no probs on the stock seat. I know the corbin is wider and firmer. I also have a backrest for it and love both. I was going to get a corbin after I bought the bike but I found one at the dealer w/a corbin. I hope this helps Good Luck
                            05 Kat 600
                            Yoshi RS3
                            Bar Risers
                            Road Attacks
                            Fumoto Valve
                            Corbin Seat w / backrest
                            Sportech black chrome windscreen
                            Custom garage door opener

Comment

Working...
                            X