X

a little secert about Icon

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a little secert about Icon

I bought a Daytona Jacket by Icon and the other day I went to go put something in the inside packet and what I found in the pocket kind of touched my somewhat small heart, Hanging on a thether was a charm of Saint Christopher Protect Us now I am not cathloic or anything close but is that a real Saint or is it just a "keep it safe" charm from Icon? Either way I thought it was nice of them to add this to the jacket and then to put it close to the heart. Feedback?
    Shinny side up!

Yeah I noticed the same thing in both my jacket and vest. I thought it was a nice little touch I guess they figure if someone dosent like it they can remove it.
    Ride within your limits. Not sombody elses.

sigpic
    88 GSX1100F Kat

Comment

got mine in my jacket, and i do believe he has protected me on s few occasions... The only time I was in an accident, I was wearing a diffrent jacket...

Take a Spin With The KR Mascot...
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdjHBFbMAWE

Comment

Nice touch. Just make sure your wits are your first line of defense.
        =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

They do this in all their jackets. It is very cool!!!
          2007 Honda CBR600rr
          2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
          sigpic

Comment

all their jackets have one. my old jacket had one, but since i don't wear it anymore, i cut the token out and put it on my key chain. i am in no way religious... but having played baseball my whole life, i'm rather superstitious lol
            2004 Katana
            GO OWLS!!!

Comment

That is really cool! I have always planned on getting an Icon jacket for my next jacket.
              I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

He was so full of knowlege it's astounding
              Reading the news, my heart was pounding.
              My prayers go out to his family & friends.
              He is the best there was and ever been.
              RIP Marc "Cyberpoet" Glasgow

Comment

I -think- he's the patron saint of travelers...if I remember correctly. And that's very, very cool. I have a JR jacket and pants but Icon, um, everything else.

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
                -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

Wow. My LBZ jacket came with a...comdom pocket, that says "It's all about a safe ride." on it. Not much in the way of meaningful symbolisim there...
                  ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
                  チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
                  Semper Fi

Comment

My bike has a bell, but my Jacket only has the Dainese Devil on the back.
                    Damn you Nicole, We will not speak of the 2012 Rally

Comment

St. Christopher is the Patron Saint of Travelers.

That's cool that ICON does that. It shows that a corporation can still show a little compassion for the safety of its consumers. I never knew they did that.
                      Unionize Wal*Mart
                      Labor Union: "An organization of workers formed for the purpose of advancing its members' interests in respect to wages, benefits, and working conditions." Now, what is so wrong with that? Seriously, someone please tell me.
                      "Sex is an acquisition without the burden of possession. No matter how many women you take home, you never have a storage problem."
                      Gear: Because walking away in disgust beats riding away in an ambulance.
                      R.I.P CyberPoet

Comment

I didn't get one in my Pursuit jacket from Iron Pony. Maybe it was snatched. I did like the "Ride Among Us" perforated on the inside though.
                        If it works, it's obsolete.
                        Marshall McLuhan

Comment

Originally posted by Scout View Post
                          Wow. My LBZ jacket came with a...comdom pocket, that says "It's all about a safe ride." on it. Not much in the way of meaningful symbolisim there...

sigpic

Comment

I'm no Christian, but that is pretty cool..

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
                              I'm no Christian, but that is pretty cool..
                              Ditto. They just got a bit of respect back in my eyes.
                              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                              Originally posted by soulless kaos
                              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Working...
                              X