No announcement yet.
X

Light vs. Dark Vs. Chrome

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just get one of those visors that tint automatically with the amount of sunlight.

Comment

i am also one with a clear visor and sunglasses. i dont mind the them, they work fine for me.

but i am thinking about the mirrored in the summer. just to look BA haha
      and if i get the mirrored, the sunglasses are just one less thing i have to worry about losing!
      "Ride Safe, Ride Often"

sigpic

Comment

I'd try on some helmets at your local shop, they're bound to have some with each shield on. Personally, I have a clear one - sunglasses during the day and clear lense shades at night for when it's too hot to have the shield down.

Comment

I know I'm late to the party on this, but I am also really sensitive to bright lights. A couple months ago, I ordered a PinLock shield for my Shoei with an assortment of inserts (yellow, amber, and dark). I have found that I am using amber at least 80% of the time. If it is a particularly bright day and I will only be out during sunlight hours, then I run the dark smoke, the rest of the time it is the amber. Now, I know the amber isn't quite legal at night, my eyes udjust to it almost as well as they do to clear after just a few minutes. In the bright, short of riding into the sunrise/sunset, it brings the light levels down to a point where I don't end up with a headache and sore eyes from squinting.
          Pics
          Pics
          No pics yet
          Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

I'm ordering the Dark smoked for my new Shark RSR2. For my Scorpion Exo-1000 I'm getting the dark smoked flip down sun shade too.

The light smoked don't help much at all. I wear contacts and bright sun and glare really bother my eyes. It is actually bad for those who wear contacts to not have UV protection when wearing your lenses.
            2007 Honda CBR600rr
            2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zepp View Post
              I'm ordering the Dark smoked for my new Shark RSR2. For my Scorpion Exo-1000 I'm getting the dark smoked flip down sun shade too.

The light smoked don't help much at all. I wear contacts and bright sun and glare really bother my eyes. It is actually bad for those who wear contacts to not have UV protection when wearing your lenses.
              Where are you getting yours? I saw your post on another website but can not remember what is was?

JHILDE
              Damn you Nicole, We will not speak of the 2012 Rally

Comment

Originally posted by JHILDE View Post
                Where are you getting yours? I saw your post on another website but can not remember what is was?

JHILDE
                I'm buying mine from Honda East in Toledo, OH

I get everything there at 20% over their cost. The shield is going to be like 65 bucks
                2007 Honda CBR600rr
                2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X