No announcement yet.
X

Mesh vs leather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you do decide to go with Mesh, look at the FieldSheer Mach 8. It has perforated leather in all of the "contact" areas. Very comfortable jacket. Now I only use it for commuting. I wear leather when I am out playin.
    Always count on hitting pavement twice. First time from inexperience, the second from thinking you are experienced!

"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me! "

Comment

Originally posted by SGTJimbo_Kat600 View Post
      If you do decide to go with Mesh, look at the FieldSheer Mach 8. It has perforated leather in all of the "contact" areas. Very comfortable jacket. Now I only use it for commuting. I wear leather when I am out playin.

Very good idea, I too have one of those, CE armor and back protector too..

Comment

I have a Fieldsheer mesh and a Dainese Leather. I only wear the mesh when I going to be riding to my shop, about 6.5 blocks away, so if I get dirty or greasy i don't get it on the inside of my leather. Texas during the summer can get to 100 with high 90's humidity. The leather is hot but it is perforated and a loose fit under armour type shirt will do wonders underneath.

Tech Tees

JHILDE
        Last edited by JHILDE; 04-10-2009, 09:12 AM.
        Damn you Nicole, We will not speak of the 2012 Rally

Comment

Originally posted by JHILDE View Post
          I have a Fieldsheer mesh and a Dainese Leather. I only wear the mesh when I going to be riding to my shop, about 6.5 blocks away, so if I get dirty or greasy i don't get it on the inside of my leather. Texas during the summer can get to 100 with high 90's humidity. The leather is hot but it is perforated and a loose fit under armour type shirt will do wonders underneath.

Tech Tees

JHILDE
          I need to get some of those Under Armour tshirts for riding and the gym. Thanks for the link James
          2007 Honda CBR600rr
          2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
          sigpic

Comment

I have a Cortech GX sport with zip-out liner. To me it's the best of both worlds, I've worn it on 20 degree days and 100 degree days. I plan on buying a leather jacket as well though.
            Originally posted by katanawarrior
            I keep coming here because of the smileys, really.

Comment

Originally posted by SGTJimbo_Kat600 View Post
              Also on a side note, it survived a 25-30mph high side remarkably well. Scuffed the leather a little bit, but other than that its just fine. The armor did its job as well, pretty sure I would have had a broken elbow had I not had the armor. I also have the Fieldsheer Titanium Air pants and those held up well. I did much more bouncing and rolling than sliding. As I said before I wear it for commuting and will continue too. I will say I have "faith" in my gear after that one.
              Always count on hitting pavement twice. First time from inexperience, the second from thinking you are experienced!

"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me! "

Comment

Yes. In Ct is gets hot. and humid. Im still looking around at different jackets and such and still havent bought anything.
                My first bike: 2001 Suzuki GSX-F

Comment

i think mesh is great, my old jacket was mesh and did great. i currently have a leather jacket and wear it every time i ride, but i'm looking to get another mesh jacket as we approach the hotter weather here in south florida. the leather is great when at speed, but in the stop and go traffic down here, when you can expect to be sitting at a light for a couple mins, the leather can be pretty brutal. i'm trying to save up money to get the Joe Rocket U.F.O. 2.0 mesh jacket.
                  2004 Katana
                  GO OWLS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by md86 View Post
                    ANY jacket will be hot . "too hot" is up to the individual . But if you think it's too hot , I have the right to call you a pansy . I wear all leather gear , and have for the last few years . I've worn it commuting in traffic , and yeah , I sweat my *** off . But my *** is still intact . I crashed in a mesh jacket . Iwas not impressed .
                    +1
                    Get leather, It'll outlast textile hanging in your closet or sliding on the asphalt.
                    R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

I decided Ill buy a leather jacket for the majority of my riding and ill pick up a cheaper mesh jacket if i see it on sale somewhere

Comment

try looking at the Joe Rocket Super Ego jacket....its a full leather jacket, but the lower sleeves, chest, and back panels zip off, and it is a mesh jacket underneath, best of both worlds that you are considering.
                        you must want to win MORE than you are afraid to lose

Comment

One of each is ideally the best way to go, but if you can't afford them both right now then I'd go with mesh to get your through the summer and work on getting a leather as the season goes on. Motosport.com is having a sale on mesh jackets for $65 only!
                          http://www.motosport.com/street/product/FIELDSHEER-HIGH-FLOW-JACKET/?catalogId=110666&words=bwrhgz&srchHistoryURL=htuh f2cy||words~BWRHGZ^parentCategoryID~category_root^ categoryID~3^categoryName~Sport
                          Something to check out..

Comment

I own both a mesh and leather and the teknic perforated leather is a great jacket and I only paid 100.00 on ebay brand new. I live in south texas where it gets hot and I've wore it in stop and go trafic and Its just as cool as a mesh. Johnny
                            Trust in The Lord

Comment

I ordered a fairly cheap leather jacket with mesh panels in it from leather up, Ill see how it goes, pretty sure by the end of the summer I own more than 2 jackets so we'll see.

Comment

I swear by Joe Rocket kevlir jackets. I hit the pavement doing 70mph and all that happend to the coat was that I lost a button.

Comment

Working...
                                X