Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Deciding between Leathers and a 'Stich for touring.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a 2 pieces set of touring leather from Bering that I like VERY much. The jacket has an integrated waterproof layer (although the leather itself will obviously become wet with all the usual trouble).

The jacket is called Turismo.

Pants are called Explorer 3

They zip together at the waist if you wish.

The jacket has a very nice cut, although they really are made small (I'm a bit chubby at 5'11'' 215lbs an only a XXL would fit). They make them all the way to XXXXL so it doesn't really matter.

I quite like the look of the jacket, which is sporty enough while being extremely comfy and NOT making me look like an escaped Power Ranger...

When its just too hot and humid I use an AlpineStar Mesh jacket, which although obviously inferior, is a huge step over riding without protection or boiling in leathers.

Comment

Originally posted by Tech View Post
      I have a 2 pieces set of touring leather from Bering that I like VERY much. The jacket has an integrated waterproof layer (although the leather itself will obviously become wet with all the usual trouble).

The jacket is called Turismo.
      That's a very nice looking jacket. Did you buy it localy? It seams like, from Google, they are a European manufacture and distributorship.
      How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
      How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
      How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
      How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

dianese has a one piece textile suit called the W frame, very pricey, although it is rated for MOTO GP use, you could also try a company called barnacle bill's, they custom make one and 2 piece leathers for well under $1,000. as for leather sliding better at racing speeds, it depends on what the suit is made of....most racing leathers slide well because they are made with a lot of kangaroo and stingray...both of which are much stronger and lighter that cowhide, most denier and cordura type textiles on the market today have 2x the abrasion resistance of cowhide, so just because it says "leather" doesn't mean it is the right kind
        you must want to win MORE than you are afraid to lose

Comment

Working...
        X