X

Bike comunications

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike comunications

Is anyone using a Scala Rider Q2 com system?My mother inlaw want to buy me one, but I can't say as I like the fact that bike to bike communication is only possible between the Q2 units and the microphone looks like a nightmare for a full face helmet. Opinions?

TIA
    Dave
    2000 Katana 600
    2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Ok, first off, if your mother in law wants to buy you one there's something wrong right there!! Run away!
    Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
    Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

I've only read reviews of the system, but they seem fairly positive. I'm thinking about getting a set for the 2up riding my wife and I want to do this summer.
      Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
      -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
      -Terence

Comment

I just got the Chatterbox XBi in today so I can let you know about that in the next few days after some use......

The mic boom on it though is rather large for a full face. I had to put it below my mouth righ above the wind screen. I think I also might be breaking the Icon lid back out as it has a little more depth for the speakers then my Scorpion....
        I am a Penn State fanatic.
        Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Comment

I went the Xbi route too. I pulled the big foam cover off the mic and sewed up my own (MUCH SMALLER) cover from some microfiber cloth I had laying around. It takes up WAY less valuable real estate in the front of my lid, and still has great sound quality at speed. I also covered the speakers in the same microfiber. Its a little uglier, since the only color I had was yellow, but MUCH more comfortable.

Sound quality and ease of use are pretty high up there. Had it about a month and no complaints yet.

If you've got any specific questions about it, or how it works, let me know

Comment

I too have the XBi which I find to work very well. I didnt go with other brands because I wanted to be able to talk to every one who also had the XBi. I have had no problems but there are something that need to be done in order to make sure you get the best out of the XBi. I too can answer any questions you might have.
            Shinny side up!

Comment

I have not had an issue since draining the battery this past weekend and juicing her back up.

Hard to hear a call at times but I blame that more on the dual D&Ds off my my Sv and doing 80+ then the unit....

Comment

Does XBi work from one bike to another? If so, how is the range?

Comment

It does but I am unsure of the max range. I had no issues talking to a buddy as we rode together with a distance of say 15 feet....

Comment

The Q2 works really well. I was able to try it out from a friend of mine. The mic does not get in the way at all. I even considered using the boom mic on my chatter box. Yes the Q2 is only talks to other Q2 systems. Chatterbox does the same thing. It only talks to chatterbox. I am going to be getting a Q2 system here really soon.
                    www.mopowersports.com

Comment

My husband and I have the Q2 Multi-set and we REALLY like it. The mic is easy to install and does not get in the way when putting on or taking off your helmet. The distance range is about 1/3 of a mile for open intercom. The bluetooth cell phone feature is great - I can be riding 75 mph on the highway and can hear the caller and be heard. It is very nice for group rides - Michael can lead, I can sweep and we can communicate about what's going on with the other riders in between us.
                      ~ Lisa
                      2005 CBR 600RR (nicely modified)
                      2005 CBR 600RR Track Toy "Frank"

My motorcycle, my dogs (Piper & Capone - the Pet Bulls) and a cold beer ... what more could a girl ask for???

www.austinsbr.com and www.txsbr.com

Comment

The range is 5 miles for the XBi with 36 channels and 12 sub channels (i think, I cant remember but the number of channels and sub are up there). The Q2 is a range of 1500 feet and if I am not wrong it can only be pair up with one other Q2 system. The Q2 system is a bluetooth system and XBi works with radio waves.

Ohh I forgot to state that the XBi can be with as many units or bikers that have a chatterbox and are on the same channel.
                        Last edited by sportbikemike; 04-09-2009, 03:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                        Shinny side up!

Comment

Originally posted by sportbikemike View Post
                          The range is 5 miles for the XBi with 36 channels and 12 sub channels (i think, I cant remember but the number of channels and sub are up there). The Q2 is a range of 1500 feet and if I am not wrong it can only be pair up with one other Q2 system. The Q2 system is a bluetooth system and XBi works with radio waves.

Ohh I forgot to state that the XBi can be with as many units or bikers that have a chatterbox and are on the same channel.

Uh......I think you are mixing up your chatterboxs mate. The XBi used Bluetooth to pair to other head sets for intercom...

I am fairly certain that the range would be pretty much on par with the Q2 and other bluetooth systems.....

Comment

Yeah you are right I was thinking of the Xi sorry about that. I was talking about the bike to bike unit and NOT about the intercom system.
                            Shinny side up!

Comment

intercom or bike to bike on the XBi is through bluetooth. Limited range but some extra features packed in with the newer tech...

Comment

Working...
                              X